By Serif Labs
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
** Apple Design Award Winner 2015 **
Professional Graphic Design Software for the Mac.
Affinity Designer is the fastest, smoothest, most precise vector graphic design software available. Whether you’re working on graphics for marketing materials, websites, icons, UI design or just like creating cool concept art, Affinity Designer will revolutionize how you work.
It takes full advantage of macOS technologies such as OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch, Core Graphics and is fully optimized for 64-bit and multi-core processors to squeeze every ounce of available performance from your hardware – so it’s seriously fast. Whether it’s a 100 megapixel image or the most complex vector drawing with thousands of curves, you still pan and zoom at 60fps, move objects in correct z-order and see live views of all adjustments, brushes and effects as you’re working with no compromise.
Experience the best PSD import engine out there – making it easy to collaborate with other creative professionals. Along with support for PSD, PDF, SVG, AI (PDF Stream), Freehand and EPS files you get all the flexibility you need so whether you switch to Affinity Designer for all your work, or just elements of what you do, it’s completely painless.
With professional color model support, full 16-bit per channel editing, real-time pixel preview, image slices, masks, adjustment layers and tablet support, Affinity Designer is a serious tool for creative professionals.
• Panning and zooming is always live at 60fps
• Live gradients, transforms, effects and adjustments
• Optimized for documents of any complexity, zoom to over 1,000,000% for absolute precision
• Live pixel and retina view of vector artwork, wireframe view, split screen mode
• Seamless switching between tools and editing modes for frustration-free design
Perfect color and output
• Professional CMYK, LAB, RGB and Grayscale color models
• Full 16-bit per channel editing
• End-to-end ICC color management
• Advanced Lanczos 3 image resampling plus Bicubic, Bilinear and Nearest Neighbor methods
• Rock solid vector tools that work just the way you want them to
• Live effects, blend modes, image adjustments, and raster and vector masks for any part of your design
• Use the strengths of vector and raster behaviors for the best of both worlds
• The best pen tool, node tool, curve editing, geometry operations, and smart shape tools available
• Flexible text handling including comprehensive support for OpenType
• High quality raster tools for texturing, masking and finishing artwork. Create your own brushes too.
• Optimized workspaces give focus to design disciplines including web graphics, UI/UX, print, and concept art
What's New in Version 1.5.4
Added support for the new MacBook Pro's Touch Bar
Introduced 32bit document format and OCIO support
Miscellaneous improvements and fixes
Other recently added features and improvements:
- Symbols. Create multiple instances of an object and edit any of them in realtime with changes reflected in all instances
- Text Styles
- Assets Panel. Store commonly used design elements and drag them onto your documents
- Constraints. Specify how your design elements should interact and construct mockups which change size dynamically
- Colour Picker Tool
- Improved Export Persona
- Improved Snapping with automatic gap & span snapping and geometry snapping
- Measurement tool
- Improved PSD/PDF/SVG compatibility
- Automatically generate a palette from an image
Affinity Designer is the best Illustrator-type app I've ever used!
Affinity Designer is amazingly fast and is able to edit large vector images that Illustrator can't even open! It is easy to use - relatively intuitive. There's an option in preferences to allocate maximum memory and hard drive usage, which I appreciate, and the default isn't anywhere near the maximum option (which is good for those who don't go through the preferences). Loading images, editing images, saving, and exporting are all amazingly quick and smooth.
Draw Spirographic Kaleidoscopic Patterns
Hi, Affinity Designer is one of a kind app for designer. I’m personally totally into it. We would like a new feature in this app that will allow us to draw Spirographic Kaleidoscopic Patterns using the already existing grid manager tool set in Affinity Designer app. Example app for this would be “Amaziograph” that do the amazing Spirographic Kaleidoscopic Patterns drawing on iPad. So, please please bring and make this feature available in the next update.
Thank You so much to Affinity Team.
ARROWHEADS - ARROWHEADS - ARROWHEADS
This is a great software that (I hope) will put Illustrator out of business (I also bought you photo software, and I hope that you will put Photoshop out of business too).
However lots of people have asked you repeatedly for years to include the arrowhead function, so that adding them to a line becomes easy and quick. You’ve done so many upgrades, and added new features .. all surely more difficult than adding the arrowheads one. Maybe it’s already there and I can’t find it? You do not even have the word in the help system :-(
Could you at least explain us why you do not want to add it? Maybe there’s a copyright on it and Adobe will sue you if you include it in the software?
Please add the feature in your next release, we’ll pay for it if you need money.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Nov 24, 2016
- Version: 1.5.4
- Size: 258 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- © 2016 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor