ElectricDesign is graphical environment for creating electrical circuit plans, wiring diagrams via an intuitive user interface and electrically intelligent symbols in 2D.
Main Functions of the application:
- Pre-Defined electrical objects:
There are many predefined nice electrical, circuit objects for you to add to the design
- Add custom items to Template list:
Right click on a group of objects then select "Add to template list" to save them so that you can reuse it later.
Use this function to create your own interior item from many basic shapes.
- Basic shape :
There are many shapes to add to the design, including text box, round box, line connector, callouts....
- Over 3000 Beautiful Symbols:
More than that, there are over 3000 beautiful symbols to add the view.
Please press the "Smile icon" button on the left to add and select any symbol you want.
- Drag/Drop Image from Finder (or press Cmd-V to paste image from current Clipboard):
The application allows users to drag/drop many image files directly from Finder to current editing window.
- Customizable shape:
Drag (create new) custom object into the draw view, double click on it to edit shape
- Customizable Color / Font / Size / Line Type
- Unlimited Undo/Redo (shortcut key: Cmd-Z / Shift-Cmd-Z)
- Copy / Paste (shortcut key: Cmd-C / Cmd-V)
- Group / Ungroup Items (shortcut key: Cmd-G / Shift-Cmd-G)
- Lock/Unlock items position (shortcut key: Cmd-L / Shift-Cmd-L)
- Shadow supported
- Snap to Grid
- Auto Align with another object when resize or move
- Change display order
- Export to png, jpeg, tiff, pdf image file (shortcut key: Cmd-E)
- Print supported (shortcut key: Cmd-P)
- More print setting
- Hold CONTROL to resize/rotate a group of selected objects
- Add shape operation: Combine, Append, Separate....
- Allow to edit any object shape in a separate dialog
- Rectangular/Polar array copy functions added
- Support to input Feet, inchs with Fraction (e.g.: 2’ 3 1/2” )
- Fix many bugs
Ratings and Reviews
A great circuit diagramming tool!
We are constantly designing protoype circuits for our projects, and this tool has made it simple for us to document our designs quickly and efficiently.
The only things keeping me from giving this 5 stars is the lack of standard OSX style selection, copy-past-formatting, and easy-whol-line-selection (segment) only oddities.
This is agreat app and I hoep it continues to improve!
This app is pretty cool, but you are stuck with the designs that come with it, or the ones you make yourself, since there is no ability to import any other type of file formats. I have hundreds of electrical schematics on DWG, but I cannot import them. Other than that it would be a pretty cool app. As it is I could not recommend it, but add some import ability, and I’d happily use it all day.
Very Useful for Automorive Circuit Digrams
I Searched around for something to help recreate the ciurcuit diagram for my classic car before I started making mods and the was the most useful program I found. Works well once you learn the UI but has a habit of crashing and restarting. Save frequently.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.