Looptunes is the next generation of beat making tools that allows you to create loop sessions on the fly. These sessions can then be manipulated and shaped with a multitude of parameters, ALL LIVE! Whether you are a professional musician who is looking for inspiration, an instrumentalist who wants to play along with a loop session, a DJ who wants to quickly create beats from scratch, or a person wanting to interactively make music that sounds good, Looptunes is the perfect tool for you.
features at a glance:
- choose from an ever growing loop library
- each loop session can contain up to 16 simultaneous loops.
- all loops play synchronized
- you can have two sessions playing at the same time, and crossfade between them.
- each session has XY effects pads to give your loops a different life. You can choose from a list of effects including filter, delay, stutter, and others
- each loop has a multi mode zero delay feedback filter (LP/BP/HP), a filter LFO, distortion, volume, pitch, pan controls.
- each session has configurable delay, reverb, and eq
new features in 1.1:
- ableton link
- midi controller support
new features in 1.2:
- audiopaste support
- loop import via iTunes
- channel filters
new features in 1.3:
- midi clock send
- launchpad and livid base controller support
- 3 new effects (Stutter, Degrade, and Tape stop)
- several bug fixes
new features in 1.5:
- Ableton Live Export
- Audio recording/resampling
- online session sharing
- bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Waste of time and money
Man where to begin. Wanted to like this but the execution misses everywhere. Honestly I don’t know how this was approved by Apple.
Great plan and great execution.
This is a great loop dj app. It is somewhat like Retronyms' Hook app. However, whereas the audiocopy/paste feature in Hook can be somewhat cumbersome, it is very straightforward and functional in Looptunes.
Also, the keyboard/pitch shift feature is terrific. If the loop you are playing doesn't quite fit the key, or maybe you just want a slight change in melody, you can use the keyboard to change the pitch and it stays synced with the beat.
The effects are not amazing, but they are good, and each of the 4 tracks on both decks have sliders to control the amount of fx sent to the track.
Overall, this is a really well-designed and functional app for clip dj's. It's probably the best I've seen so far.
Awesome Looper so much fun also!
First of all, this is not a toy app! But so glad a lot of folks are really enjoying it. I am and while the app is not perfect then again none are, the developer is actively listening to requests and following up with updates! That to me is sooo important! This app is fully loaded and I tried the iPhone first then bought the iPad version. At this low prices it's a total instabuy!
You can sync this baby up with Blocs Wave, iMachine, Gadget, LP-5 and create amazing loops!
I heard the dev is working on Audiobus output support, currently it only works in the input of AB. Also you can import entire folders of loops from Audioshare and that is totally awesome!
Can't wait to see what's in store for this great app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.