awake. head throbbing. vision blurry. come light the fire.
- One of Apple's most downloaded apps of 2014.
- Ranked in the top 10 games in 70 countries, #1 app overall in 7.
- From an indie game developer who loves gaming.
- No ads, no loot boxes, no IAP, no crippled game play.
- Continuity updates between A Dark Room and The Ensign.
- iPhone X support.
- Come say hello to an old friend... she's waiting for you.
Ratings and Reviews
Honestly, give it a chance
A friend of mine introduced me to the desktop version back in March of 2016. I thought it was kind of far out there and wasn’t too intrigued. After playing it for a second day, I got hooked. Ever since then I’ve been trying to play it, but I’d misplace my save file and my laptop broke. When I saw this was offered on iOS three days ago, I had no hesitation in buying it. I was so eager to play, I finished it in 3 hours. It may not seem like very long, but I knew what I was doing. It was just as frustrating when I played it the first time, but even more enjoyable. I had beaten it twice on desktop. It seems vivid and confusing, but if you notice the different nuances and patterns, it all becomes clear. You don’t get a parade upon finishing the game, it’s better, you get wisdom and insight. I plan on finishing it 3 more times this week. This game is perfect for those who want a game that allows you to explore a landscape on a limited plane, or for people who just want a game to play on the train or during a union break. I highly recommend it
Challenging but fun
To be honest I had no idea what the game was before purchasing it. I read on a list somewhere that it was a good game and decided to give it a shot. It was out of my normal scope of games but after playing for a period of time I really got into the progression of everything.
After quite a bit of progression, things just kinda stopped. I wasn’t sure how to make the next step happen or what to do. I put the game down because of frustration and went onto the next app. After about a month of not playing, I picked it up this morning figured out a few things and finished it tonight!
Point being, give the game a shot. It is different than most you will see but it turns out to be a lot of fun. After finishing, I actually was disappointed it was over. I enjoyed it so much I didn’t want it to end. I will say, that I think I could have shaved quite a bit of time off if I knew how it would end. I guess that is what a second play through is for although I’m not sure whether I will or not. Give it a shot, it’s only $.99.
Took me 182 minutes to finish the game and it was fantastic, I found myself drawn in and not wanting to put it down. It can be slow at first, and making a functioning economy can be difficult but it’s all about the challenge. Every time I died on the dusty path made me a little upset but I just wanted revenge and to see what was farther out. Game can feel grindy at some times but picks right back up after a little bit. Going to play through again with different styles. Worth the 2$ for sure. If you have trouble justifying the price, think about it as a three hour movie for 2$, that you control, that you can play over and over again, and that you own forever. It’s a good investment I think. I might try to play the web version.
Overall, great game and good developers. Worth the 2$ and has replay value. Good game 5 stars
- Amirali Rajan
- 27.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Amir Rajan
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.