A Fistful of Penguins
By Crooked Smiles, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Announcing the first iPhone/iPad version of the popular dice game!
A Fistful of Penguins is a quick, engaging family dice game of gathering animals to add to your zoo. After three rounds, the person who has made the most money displaying animals wins.
To play, roll the special animal dice to get a selection of animals to add to your zoo. Each animal has a unique way to earn you money: kangaroos score by the square of their number, so if you want to score them, you should try to get a large group; lions are worth big bucks, but if you score lions, then only the lions score; camels are a decent 5 coins each, but they score zero if any lions are present; squirrels steal money from the other players; and moose score the most, but each moose must be paired with a squirrel in order to score.
Penguins don't earn you money, but they get you penguin tokens. A penguin token can be used to add another die to your group, or to reroll as many of your dice as you wish. This makes it very valuable to start your turn with a fistful of penguins...
The iOS version of A Fistful of Penguins includes:
* Universal version allows for play on iPad, iPhone or iPod touch,
* Five opponents to play against; each using a different strategy for play,
* A local scoreboard keeps track of your best scores, your average score, and your win percentage,
* Game Center integration with leader boards and fun achievements (Can you get 100 coins by only scoring lions?),
* Full VoiceOver compatibility for the visually impaired,
* and much, much more!
What's New in Version 2.0
A whole bunch of exciting new features in Penguins 2.0, including...
* Pass-and-Play: Play Penguins with your friends!
* iPhone 5 support: Penguins on the wide-screen!
* New Achievements: Think you can get 'em all?
* Bug Fixes: Sometimes we make little mistakes, but we always get 'em fixed.
I enjoy playing this game although I've only read the instructions once, I need to refresh my memory since I don't play it every day and I might do better. It is nice to have the option to play alone or against the computer characters, they each have their own strategy.
For the first time that I can remember it glitched today and the whole game shut down completely in the middle of round two so there may be a bug that needs fixing. It was annoying to start over, but it happens. So did not give 5 stars.
What a fun game!
It took a bit to figure this one out, but those are often the kind of games I find myself playing the most. Thank you so much for making everything so accessible with VoiceOver. It makes all the difference in the world! The only thing I wish is that there were an option to lengthen the game. I'm just getting warmed up by the end of three rounds!
Fun and clear
I got the physical version of this for Christmas, and bought the iPad version to the on a road trip. Glad I did, the tutorial is very clear, and revealed that I had misunderstood some of the rules! Fun to play against the AI opponents, or as a "pass and play" with friends.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 17, 2012
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 36.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Crooked Smiles, LLC
- © 2012 Crooked Smiles, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.