The Click To Read series is a collection of stories for early readers using SymbolStix communication symbols to build vocabulary, encourage early literacy and support comprehension PLUS opportunities for switch training with meaningful content.
A Leader Is teaches about the leaders in our community and our nation.
Read the Story - hear the story read in cause and effect mode; independent access to text.
Interactive Story - expand the meaning of text and picture symbols.
Tell the Story - demonstrate understanding with 3 levels of cloze activities.
Show What You Know - additional practice and opportunity to demonstrate understanding of core vocabulary in these 3 leveled games: Bingo, Vocabulary Practice and Concentration.
- SymbolStix graphic support color-coded for Aided Language Support
- Supports mouse, touch screen, keyboard, up to 3 switches, and interactive technology
- 3 levels of scaffolding for cloze activities, BINGO, Vocabulary Practice and Concentration
- Answer choices are randomly generated so the student experiences a new activity with each interaction
- Story reading, prompting and reinforcement with either male or female voice
- Customize for low vision, scan prompts, auditory reinforcement
- Built-in auto and 2-switch step scanning with cueing options
Added scanning by touch.
General scanning improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I love all the setting options this app has! It's great for working with children who are physically challenged . Also because of all the great scanning options my low vision kids can use it too. My only suggestion for the developer would be to consider content with higher interest for the future. Possibly a story about pets or a story with a main character , maybe a disabled child, and the people they interact with each day. You could do a series.., JEREMY AT SCHOOL, JEREMY AT HOME, JEREMY VISITS THE DOCTOR, JEREMY'S NEW PET ETC ( Jeremy is one of my favorite students... A great kid, who is very social and loves to laugh. He has an internal radiance & infectious smile that lights up a room!!!) Jeremy Is non- verbal, quadriplegic and uses his head to activate a switch. He is also visually impaired and cognitively delayed.) Thank you do much for developing these apps for kids like him!
Ok but needs fixing
This is a great option for students that use switches however in the scanning mode when the student selects a choice it over laps the response with the auditory scanning cue making it very confusing for the student. With this error I would not pay for the other stories made by this developer but the free one is good.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.