A Long Way Home
By Jonathan Mulcahy
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
End of the Year Sale!
You have been stranded 100 light years from Earth, can you survive the long way home?
After a catastrophic ship explosion, you must make your way home 1 light year at a time. Encounter exploding asteroids, teleporting dark matter, comets and more on your epic journey home.
A Long Way Home is a action / physics / puzzle game set in space. Making you way through 100 levels across 10 stages you must jump from asteroid to asteroid collecting enough dark matter to open a portal to the next level.
** Also available on the iPad for $.99!! **
- 100 Levels
- Physics Style Gameplay
- Stunning Graphics
- Fantastic Ambient Music
CNET Australia's App of the Day on March 22, 2012
"A Long Way Home has all the hallmarks for an indie sleeper hit on the iPad." - Pocket Gamer
"Not many mobile or tablet games actually evoke an emotional response, but this game does." - The Smart Phone App Review"
"If you're up for patient, thoughtful gameplay that makes for an evocative experience, you should give A Long Way Home a shot." - Touch Arcade
4 Stars - Touch Arcade
"Only a handful of games for the iPad can produce an emotional response, as A Long Way Home did for me. I hope it can do the same for you." - Appolicious
What's New in Version 1.3
- Fixed the Rate this App link
- Removed the onscreen controls
- Fixed an bug preventing the computer from giving you instructions in later levels. This was kinda important as it told you stuff like you only have 4 jumps on the blue asteroids, the red asteroids explode after 5 seconds and the brownish asteroids turn to dust after one jump.
- Fixed a few levels where two asteroids were so close it would cause the player to jump between them
- Further tweaked the 'drift zone' to prevent unintentional triggering. This happened most often in galaxy 2
- Slight tweaking of gameplay sounds, player walking, jumping, and dark matter collection.
- Other various (small) tweaks