A Manual of Acupuncture – The Definitive App for Students & Practitioners
This is the latest mobile app (iPhone/iPad/iPod) version of the foremost points textbook in the Western world - A Manual of Acupuncture by Peter Deadman & Mazin Al-Khafaji, with Kevin Baker.
We hope that you will enjoy the following features:
• Every channel and extraordinary point from A Manual of Acupuncture textbook.
• English and Chinese point names, point category, classification, location and location notes, illustration, needling instructions and cautions, actions, clinical application and combinations.
• Each point includes Chinese tones, printed Chinese characters and calligraphy as well as audio of the Chinese pronunciation (by tapping the calligraphy).
• Videos for every point with commentary showing location and needling technique.
• Illustrations for all primary, luo-connecting, divergent and sinew channels, the eight extraordinary vessels and the body area illustrations.
• All the main point categories (e.g. five shu points, xi-cleft points, back-shu points) for easy revision.
• Create your own point groups which you can use to tailor study and reference.
• Multiple Choice tests so you can test yourself on all points and point categories as well as self-created point groups.
• All points listed anywhere in the App are live links allowing easy browsing/reference.
• You can add your own notes to channel pathways and any specific aspect of points (e.g. location, location note, needling, etc) as well as the Point Location & Needling pages in the reference section.
• Two search functions. One simply searches point name (English or pinyin) or point number. The other allows you to search the content of every point and, if you wish, specify which channel/vessel you want to search within, which field within a point (e.g. Actions, Clinical application, Needling) and whether you want to include your own notes in the search.
• The 12 Cutaneous Regions and Areas Reached by the Channels.
• Reference pages including: cun measurements, location and needling guidelines, indications index, glossary of terms
• Registered users have the additional benefits of selecting whether to show or hide their notes within the App content, how many points to include in their tests and whether videos play continuously or individually. You can also backup your user data (notes, point groups and tests results) to our server - which means if you lose or break your device you can restore your data to a new one, and, if you have the App on more than one device you can synchronise your data to all your devices.
Deals with issues some users have experienced with App not being compatible with iOS 11, and removes red header bar on menu screen.
Ratings and Reviews
Missing video audio, weird app icon, bumpy navigation
I’d have rated this great app as five stars until recent updates...now ALL the video for point locations has NO sound!!! It is one of the best features with this app and in the entire acu educational tools yet now became unusable! The swiping used to “turn” to next page smoothly & continuously back and forth when you are in one of the point pages, but not anymore, it struggle to “download” after a few pages. The new, strange “X” app icon seems another bug. I even uninstalled once to reinstall but still no go. It is still the best app for one of the best TCM textbooks, I’d like to continue to refer to this handy instead of the bulky book version, but there is no point (not pun...) if it does not work well! PLEASE FIX ASAP!!
Hi, Thanks for your feedback. We're working hard to release completely re-built updates, which we hope will be ready in June. As for the sound, please try switching the ringer switch on (top left side on an iPhone). Sorry for any frustration.
Promising, but glitchy
I appreciate the simplicity of this app, specifically using illustrations rather than poorly produced photos of a live model. The basic functions are there, and I love being able to create my own Point groups which I use for specific conditions. However, the app stalls frequently, especially when I try to access a point from my custom groups. This makes it so I have to back out of a group, go to the main menu and navigate through the Meridians and points manually.
Unfortunate, but with some updates this app should work great.
Was good, now nothing works
This app was great two years ago, then things got progressively worse. First the app stopped working after their update, then it would work intermittently so you have a 50-50 percent chance of it working, and when it works, it lags. Then, the worst part is, the point groups that you can set up to review specific point functions stopped working, you can go in and select the points and add them to a group still, but you will not be able to access the group, which is a complete waste of time since it takes a while for you to group things. I am so disappointed in this app, for an app priced at this margin, it should work!
- The Journal of Chinese Medicine Publications Ltd.
- 954.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Journal of Chinese Medicine Publications Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.