“A Matter of Murder deftly weaves in rouge-like elements via a series of challenging logic puzzles. Add to this some beautifully stylized artwork and you’ll find yourself wondering where the last few hours of your life went.” — The Care and Feeding of Nerds
“It’s like every murder mystery dinner you ever attended, except way deadlier and way more fun. Trust us.”— FemHype
“There is also a more free-form mode outside of campaign that generates a fresh mystery for the player. It’s a big promise, but one on which I’m hopeful A Matter of Murder will deliver.”
—Push to Smart
ABOUT THE GAME
Zounds! One of the guests at an English house party has fallen victim to cold-blooded murder. Your weekend in the country is ruined! What choice have you but to ask your fellow guests probing questions, search the house, draw astonishingly insightful conclusions and solve the crime?
A Matter of Murder is a point-and-click puzzle game with rogue-like elements. The details of each murder are procedurally generated, so each case is different every time you play with progressively more challenging logic puzzles. A Matter of Murder can also randomly combine logic puzzles to provide seemingly endless surprises and high replayability.
• Procedurally generated content offers a different experience for each play-through.
• Interact with colorful suspects and carefully investigate your surroundings for clues.
• Hand-drawn character art brings the Victorian setting to life in all its murderous glory.
• Campaign mode provides a wide-range of increasingly difficult logic puzzles.
• Logic puzzles can be combined randomly to create new cases and unique play-throughs.
• In-game notebook automatically keeps track of the clues you collect.
• Original soundtrack with responsive musical underscoring.
• Immersive and haunting soundscape places you at the center of the storytelling experience.
• Randomly implemented plot-altering elements can change the course of the story.
Hotfix for our Fall Update including achievement fixes and changes to story text.
What's New in our Fall Update:
- Halloween content -- including festive decorations around the estate and narrative elements setting the weekend gathering at a Halloween party.
- A guest at the manor: Barrister Harvey
- Mystery puzzle "Nine Tenths"
- Eight new achievements
- Story rewrites and dialogue corrections
- Various bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I'm never very good at this type of mystery and so I will need to play it several times before I can figure out which questions are worth asking. Feel confused much of the time!
Reminds me exactly of how Clue was revamped in the same way several years ago but I like this artwork better.
Fun, stylish, quick and fantastic!
I rarely review apps but this one is really special. If you enjoy logic puzzles and deduction style games this is the perfect game for you. I haven't encountered any bugs so far and have played numerous cases so far. The randomization keeps the game fresh and new and infinitely replayable.
Unique and fun
A Matter of Murder is a mix of strong character-based story and procedural content generation like no other. Every time you return to the fateful manor, a new set of fascinating characters will try to fool or trip you. Ingenuity is the key to outwitting them, in a different way, every time.
- Worthing and Moncrieff LLC
- 712.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.