Play as a mortician tasked with running a funeral home — preparing the bodies of the deceased, attending their funerals, and listening to their loved ones' stories.
• “One Of 2017's Best Games” — KOTAKU
• “One of Polygon’s Best Games of 2017” — POLYGON
• “This is a beautiful game. It scared me. It moved me” — EUROGAMER (Recommended)
• “A thought-provoking meditation on life’s only certainty” — PC GAMER (82/100)
• “It might just change the way you think about death” — DESTRUCTOID (8/10)
Take on the role of recent funeral direction graduate Charlie as she learns the ropes of the business and industry. Prepare the bodies of the deceased (via embalming or cremation), attend their funerals and listen to their loved ones' stories, and interact with Charlie's coworkers, clients, and bosses.
Inspired by real-life mortician Caitlin Doughty, A Mortician's Tale is an informative, honest, and sometimes humorous look at the current state of and the future of the western death industry.
• Explore the colourful world of Rose and Daughters Funeral Home — from the morgue itself to the viewing room where funerals take place
• Prepare 8 different bodies using realistic tools and procedures involved with traditional burials and cremations
• Talk to the deceased's loved ones, discover their stories, and learn how each of them mourns in different ways
• Follow Charlie's journey at Rose and Daughters Funeral Home as it transitions from a family-run business to being bought and owned by a massive funeral conglomerate, and beyond
• Discover some real life truths about the current state of and future of the western funeral industry
Ratings and Reviews
Not a game.
I was so excited for this and immediately downloaded it before I read the reviews. Man, do I wish I would have before I wasted $3 for 30 minutes. This app is not a game. it is visually stunning & i absolutely loved the music. But it was just endless tapping and going through a story rather than having the freedom of doing anything yourself. I loved the idea of this game but I felt like I was in a VERY long tutorial and never got to have any input of the actual player. This game had so much potential too since i’m a huge fan of Grave Yard Keeper. I recommend that game over this one a thousand times. This just seems like such a waste and i’m very disappointed. Another thing I disliked was that there was so many time gaps like you cremate one body and then you’re next body is two months later ? It just seemed so weird that the “game” was trying to pass time so quickly rather than letting the player actual go through different months and days. The ending was supposed to be a cute “aww good for her!” moment but it’s completely lost since there is NO connection to the main character or the other characters in the game since there is no freedom to actually do anything other than what the game wants you to do. Don’t bother downloading this because there’s no point to replay this scripted story. Uninstalling now.
From a fellow interested player.
This was a great game. From the cute art style to the transitions. Everything was simple yet cute. The story seemed quite interesting especially if you took your time to dive head first into this cute story. Though it was quite cute and interesting it did leave a bit to be yearned for. For instance, in a game that I have to pay for I am looking for a bit longer of a game. Not one I could sit down and do in a single sitting. Of course no offense to the creators in every regard except the last I was very pleased with the quality of this game. The only other problem which for me was a minor one was the lack of music, though I did see a menu for the music and an adjustment to the music I could not seem to make the music work. Which again meaner very little to me especially since this game was, as I have already stated, cute, interesting , and very good at sucking the player in and allowing for them to connect with the story.
Not only that but it also was really interesting to learn so much about the post-death process and what the earth friendly options are. Looking forward to more games. Thank you!
Such an amazing game.
This game while short as some have stated, was absolutely lovely. (Thank you Apple for erasing my well thought out review as I went to look up a word real quick... hopefully I can remember.) This game came out at a significant time for me. I am finishing my associates degree and trying to figure out what to do with all these psych courses. I have always been very interested in the mortuary field but decided against it years ago because of my crippling social anxiety. The thing is, that is something that will hinder me at any job. This game has prompted me to open my eyes to the profession again. I have talked with my advisor about taking a cosmetology course and perhaps going into mortuary makeup art. That may not pan out, but at least then I will have tried to do what I really want. I find the idea of staring down into dead faces and helping put one to rest so calming and spiritually connected. Thank you for adding the final piece in prompting me to try what I really feel in love with (the idea anyhow, since obviously I haven’t worked the profession.)
- Laundry Bear Games Inc.
- 172.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Laundry Bear Games Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.