Play as a mortician tasked with running a funeral home — preparing the bodies of the deceased, attending their funerals, and listening to their loved ones' stories.
• “One Of 2017's Best Games” — KOTAKU
• “One of Polygon’s Best Games of 2017” — POLYGON
• “This is a beautiful game. It scared me. It moved me” — EUROGAMER (Recommended)
• “A thought-provoking meditation on life’s only certainty” — PC GAMER (82/100)
• “It might just change the way you think about death” — DESTRUCTOID (8/10)
Take on the role of recent funeral direction graduate Charlie as she learns the ropes of the business and industry. Prepare the bodies of the deceased (via embalming or cremation), attend their funerals and listen to their loved ones' stories, and interact with Charlie's coworkers, clients, and bosses.
Inspired by real-life mortician Caitlin Doughty, A Mortician's Tale is an informative, honest, and sometimes humorous look at the current state of and the future of the western death industry.
• Explore the colourful world of Rose and Daughters Funeral Home — from the morgue itself to the viewing room where funerals take place
• Prepare 8 different bodies using realistic tools and procedures involved with traditional burials and cremations
• Talk to the deceased's loved ones, discover their stories, and learn how each of them mourns in different ways
• Follow Charlie's journey at Rose and Daughters Funeral Home as it transitions from a family-run business to being bought and owned by a massive funeral conglomerate, and beyond
• Discover some real life truths about the current state of and future of the western funeral industry
Ratings and Reviews
Wish there was more
This game was amazing, beautiful, and interactive. The emails are fun and provide a small story which I love. But I wish there was a bit more to do and a longer story. I still recommend this game if you want a calm and addictive game.
too short for $2.99
There is absolutely no way people should be charged 3$ for a game so short. I know it’s a very VERY small amount of money. But when people pay money for something, we are assuming it is going to be something worth it. The concept is great, however... more background on the characters (especially Charlie) would be great. There wasn’t much substance to the story.
I never write reviews for anything, in fact this is my first review ever. I bought the game thinking, “wow, this seems like a very interesting and fun game!” and it was. I thoroughly enjoyed playing the game but it only lasted less than 30 minutes? Like seriously? $3 for a 20 minute game?? I wish I could get a refund.
- Laundry Bear Games Inc.
- 172.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Laundry Bear Games Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.