A Normal Lost Phone is a game about exploring the intimacy of an unknown person whose phone was found by the player.
The game takes the shape of a narrative investigation: you have to search the phone’s text messages, pictures and applications, in order to learn about its former owner. Through this phone, you uncover Sam’s life, friends, family and relationships, until the evening when they turn 18 and mysteriously disappear.
- An immersive and intuitive way of introducing the narrative through a fake smartphone interface.
- A game that bridges the gap between reality and fiction by letting players act as themselves. The game asks a simple question: if you close the app but still think about the game, have you truly stopped playing?
- A relatable story that helps build empathy with the characters, allowing to explore difficult topics.
Ratings and Reviews
We have a new appreciation for great storytelling. As you read through texts and emails on a found phone, you’re not just solving a mystery. You’re hearing its owner’s most personal conversations and secrets. The journey this teenager takes—and the game’s fearless handling of sensitive topics—moved us and stuck with us.
Playing this game was like reading an incredibly interesting book, a real page turner, combined with the experience of solving the puzzles of an escape game. Like with a good book you get to the end and you wish it was longer. But I don't think it was too short either. I played this game for hours on end but I think most people would play it over the course of several weeks. But if you're like me you won't be able to put it down and will even look up a couple hints, because honestly there were a few passwords I never would have guessed and it's better to cheat a little than give up on the game.
I have never written an app review before but I just had to thank the developers for creating this game and encourage them to make more. I would pay another $1.99 for a game like this in a heartbeat.
This game could really change some people's lives. Five stars, no regrets.
Im getting Chills
Its incredible to think that in this day and age. You can learn everything about someones life through their phone. With a little investigation and time you can learn about the kind of person they were, the people they lived with and who they want to be. A Normal Lost Phone excels in telling a story the story of a person with a lot of troubles, with a family who doesn't understand. Its easy to navigate with a lovely soundtrack and I found myself reading everything in the phone to learn more about Sam’s life. By the end of the story I found myself running throughout the entire system trying to find a way to send a message to Sam. I was so invested in the story I wanted to reach out to them, I wanted to communicate to this fictional character. It was incredible, I loved this app very much.
- Plug In Digital
- 192.8 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2017 Accidental Queens
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.