A Notepad HD - Syncs Your Voice and Notes to Your Computer
By Anthony LaMantia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Finally a premium notepad! Pamper yourself with beautiful notes!
A Notepad HD | The attractive and to the point Notepad with a built in voice and web server.
** 11/5/2010 Howdy, sorry for the month or two without updates I've been busy with work (and on some games)
the 1.06 release with some great improvements should be ready shortly it contains some pretty nice feature upgrades and the interface is improved (less menubar buttons more options ..etc) and itunes document sharing **
"This app is very easy to use and a good addition to the iPad"
(*) Top Ten iPAD Utilities US 4/13/2010
Now With Voice Note Support and a Tab Key!
The attractive and to the point Notepad for your iPad that wont strain your eyes.
Cursing along with the text editors available in the AppStore today has left me with nothing but hurt eyes, confusing and overly complicated user interfaces
(for text editor)and a light wallet
for example The text in A Notepad will resize when the keyboard is expanded so you can see what your typing, you can also adjust the font size and file subjects as you wish.
This is just your simple everyday lightweight text editor.
You can make notes, save them and view them
* I do use this everyday while at work (for the past week) and expect to update with new features as required or requested.
http://www.anthonylamantia.com/blog/?p=52 blogpost & Screenshot of the upcomming A Notepad Server Update
I really like the idea, I'll spend some time reviewing the keyboard accessories docs and get that feature in the next update.. (unless theres a serious bug that requires immediate action of course)
thanks for your positive comments, I'll be working hard to hopefully gain another star in your next review.
jumpqbert: Thanks for the comments, also would it be possible for you to send me a walkthrough on reproducing the crash your having to my email account (email@example.com) so i can fix it up for you?
.. thanks for keeping me on my toes I placed a positive nod to you in the changelog ;)
What's New in Version 1.05
* New Voice Note Support
* New Tab Key
* Variable Bug Fixes
note: it takes slightly longer to load this is being fixed.
thank you for your support if you have problems email me
The best interface; lots of potential
This is a great little notepad, and I actually keep find myself coming back to it after trying out basically every other notepad I can find on the App Store.
• The biggest plus is the nicely understated interface. I don't need lots of wasted space, and certainly not faux wood or whatnot like other apps. The gray-on-gray color scheme is way more restful on the eyes than your average glaring white background. Interface Matters.
• A tab key! :) I didn't realize how much I was missing one of these till I got it back.
• The fonts selected for us are classy.
• The biggest drawback is that the vertical scrolling feels funky: I don't know what it's trying to do, but it seems to want to snap to arbitrary scroll points or something, instead of letting me scroll freely like every other app in the universe. This can interfere with input depending on what I'm trying to do, especially when I set a new insertion point and it squirts out from under me...
• It doesn't handle e.g. Japanese text very well (something I need). It's fine in the note body, but the notes list just can't handle it: it doesn't display correctly, but more importantly trying to access a note that has a Japanese title is actually a crasher (in v1.05). It's sufficiently confused by this that a note with a Japanese title doesn't even show up in the web server.
• Selecting the Subject line immediately deletes any already-existing subject, leading to some gnashing of teeth.
• The tab key inserts two tabs instead of one.
• More font choices would always be nice.
• The web server is nice, but I'd much prefer the ability to access my notes through the normal iTunes sharing interface. That way we might even be able to import text files, not just export.
All that said, I find I prefer A Notepad HD over most other note taking apps. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a good-looking interface. I'm hoping the other areas will improve with additional updates.