A Story of a Band
By Veli-Matti Tormanen
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"A Story of a Band is an essential download for Kairosoft-philes that will eat far too many hours of your time." - Pocket Gamer 8/10 (Silver Award)
For those about to rock! Put on your leather jacket, grab your guitar and lead your band to success in this humorous, yet challenging management game!
Make albums, perform in concerts, challenge other bands, train your band members, acquire new skills, buy items and modify your band's style and public image the way you want. Whether you want to make a fast and aggressive underground punk band, a melodic and emotional mainstream power metal band, or an experimental progressive rock group, the choice is yours!
- Choose your band members from 25 different characters with unique abilities
- Choose your musical style from 14 different genres, with unique effects on your band
- Unlock over 60 different skills
- Buy over 40 different items
- Improve your band's proficiency in 10 fields
- Train and level up your band members
- Plan and perform concert tours
- Make albums with personalized style and theme
- Fight against other bands
- Perform publicity stunts to enhance your band's public image
- Go to interview sessions
- Make choises at random and historical events
- Use your knowledge of rock bands and the history of rock music
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Improved touch responsivity on iPhone.
A little sloppy but lots of potential
Gameplay is somewhat fun but there's so much stuff crammed in its hard to know what all there is to do and what you actually need to do. So it's very clunky.
I love the concept and I do appreciate no IAPs. Hopefully improvements will be made because this has the potential to be really cool.
Needs better explanations on how things work instead of just the basics because there's a lot of stuff to sort through.
And it's not really clear how you raise your fatigue level on tour or what exactly you need to do to avoid falling asleep on stage. It's confusing because I start the tour with full energy. How do you keep track of days? Says you need to rest for so many days before you go back on tour but I have no idea...
And why in the heck do you need to purchase saves?!!!!!!!!! The dumbest thing I ever heard of!
A lot of fun
Fun to play! Addicting with some strategy needed. Played through it a few times already (each game can take 6 or so hours or so of game time).
Great simulation game for music fans. Like chart wars on pc from years ago but with its own unique feel. Well worth it!