A Very Cozy Fireplace HD
By Boyd Anderson
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Take the Holiday Yule Log experience wherever you go. This is a beautifully shot HD video of a real wood burning fireplace, with professionally recorded audio of the actual crackling sounds of the fire.
Stream it to your HD television via Airplay with Apple TV. It also supports Multi-Tasking for AirPlay (wireless over WiFi) and Apple TV. Play the fire to your TV over Airplay while you use other apps on your device such as iTunes Radio or Pandora.
- Compatible with iOS 8
- No Ads!
- Universal app for iPhones and iPads. Pay once and use on multiple devices.
- Small download size - under 30MB!
- Mute fireplace audio to hear only music *NEW*
- Stream the video in HD wirelessly to your Apple TV using Airplay.
- Multi-tasking. Use other apps while streaming to your Apple TV.
- Shot in HD and encoded for 720p HD playback.
- Pick songs from your iPod library to play in the background.
- Fireplace loops for continual playback.
- True sound of the crackling fire as it was recorded.
- Sleep timer allows the fire to stop playing at a specified time and lets you drift off to sleep with the comfort of your own cozy fire.
NOTE: Currently there is NOT support for direct video out via the Apple Composite AV cable.
Need to help set the mood for that special someone? 'A Very Cozy Fireplace HD' will add virtual warmth without the chores that come with a real fireplace. A lot of people say that it actually makes them feel warmer!
FOR APPLE TV OWNERS: Please make sure that your Apple TV and iPhone/iPod touch or iPad are at the correct Airplay-supported versions. Make sure to be on the same network for for Airplay icon to appear in the toolbar of the app.
What's New in Version 4.0
- Updated for iOS 8 devices.
- You can now Mute the fireplace sound while keeping music audio! This was the most requested feature from users.
- While streaming fireplace to a TV via Airplay, play iTunes Radio or Pandora.
- New icons
- New layout for settings menu.
Short of actually setting my phone on fire, this is the next best thing. I mostly use it on the table when we go out for dinner, to class things up, and this litte fire always does the trick. As ridiculous as that sounds, it actually does provide a little novelty atmosphere.
I'm not sure why there are complaints about the looping. If you relentlessly focus on this thing, then yes, you will see and hear it loop. However, I get the impression this was designed to be used in the background, and not be the focus of everyone's attention while it's running. If you downloaded this to just sit and stare at it, then you might have issues that this app isn't gonna solve.
Beautiful idea, flawed execution
I loved the idea of a crackling fireplace at my command. So I bought this app without reading any reviews (never wise!), and started as soon as it finished a quick download. And it was just as beautiful as I had imagined...until I heard a gap in the sound. At first I thought it was a fluke and ignored it, but then it became apparent that the gap in sound was very regular and about every 20 seconds I'd say (I didn't time it). Thing is, I don't know that I would have caught or minded the looping if the sound didn't abruptly stop for about a second then continue at the beginning of the loop. And unfortunately, that gap is enough to disrupt the meditative state that was forming as I gazed into the fire. So disappointing and it seems that it would have been so easy to avoid the gap.
I had been unable to get this to work for a week - specifically, couldn't get the App to play while I listened to music. The app developer responded and I now am able to enjoy this while listening to music - thank you! I may never watch a television program again....