AACR Annual Meeting 2012 Guide
Abre iTunes para comprar y descargar Apps.
Carry the 2012 AACR Annual Meeting with you wherever you go. The Meeting Guide App offers the following features:
- Native Storage. Once downloaded, all of the app content and functionality is stored natively on your iPhone or iPad and can be accessed without an Internet connection.
- Meeting Abstracts. The full text of more than 5,700 abstracts are stored natively, so you can access the Poster Session and Minisymposium presentations wherever you are. (Note: Late-breaking Abstracts will be made available beginning March 30. These abstracts will have to be downloaded upon first use but will then be stored natively can be accessed without an Internet connection.)
- Happening Soon. Have a free moment? Get a quick list of the sessions that will be starting in the next 30 minutes.
- Personal Itinerary. Sessions can be bookmarked and saved to your Itinerary folder to create a personal schedule for the meeting. You can also sync your itinerary to your local device calendar.
[Note to iPhone/iPad Users Outside the Central US Time Zone: Annual Meeting sessions are in Central Time. If you have Time Zone Support disabled on your device, session times will be saved to your calendar in your local time zone and will switch to Central Time when you arrive in Chicago.]
- Search/Browse. In addition to global searching, you can browse Annual Meeting sessions by type, title, and topic. You can also search or browse the complete list of Annual Meeting presenters (including poster presenters). Exhibitors can also be searched or browsed by company name or product category.
- Maps. Detailed floor plans of all Annual Meeting venues—including the complete Exhibit Hall and Poster Area Map as well as McCormick Place, hotel, and bus route maps—are stored natively in the app for easy browsing.
- Attendee Information. Look up the locations and hours of critical Annual Meeting services, including shuttle bus routes, the Internet Café, the coat and bag check, and the child care/nursing mothers room.
Lo nuevo en la versión 1.0.3
Fixed an issue where some users would experience a persistent crash after updating to version 1.0.2.
Reseñas de clientes
Great idea, but currently, very poor execution.
The previous version worked fine.
The second "fix" did not open and I had to delete/reinstall (and lost my itinerary), but then it worked very nicely the whole day.
However, after having the whole meeting planned (quite a few hours of work), this morning it again did not work. Multiple attempts by the developer failed to get through this and the app had to be deleted and reinstalled yet again, LOSING my itinerary again.
I will not use it again until i hear from others that it is fixed, probably not this year.
Wish list for next year:
-Ability to save itinerary to the mobile device and update it ( it is not enough to sync w calendar)
-Ability to search all abstracts and talks/posters by key words as well as authors.
-Ability to individually save the abstract with the itinerary, annotate the abstracts and flag them specifically for subsequent reference (one touch re-find). Making our notes and saved abstracts searchable for later recall
-One-touch link from a talk title to its abstract (currently one has to go back to the session and then abstracts and then scroll down to the desired abstract).
AACR getting better, but still room to improve
The app is far better than toting around the 35 different books, plus cd they give you. That said, it still crashes/freezes with fair frequency. I have installed it 3 times. And while my appointments remain on the calendar, I have to re-create itineraries. Also, the functionality of full-text abstract/author searches has not yet been implemented. Once these things are addressed, only a fool would carry around all the books. The tons and tons of trees felled to print them is awful. Anyway, keep at it AACR. If you implement the above changes, next year you'll have a killer app.
Worked great on iPad.
Did not crash at all on iPad, not sure other reviews are for iPhone version.
My shoulder thank AACR for developing this.
It did ask for updates and sometimes it took a while to update, most likely due to slow network at McCormick Place.
- Categoría: Medicina
- Actualizado: 30/03/2012
- Versión: 1.0.3
- Tamaño: 25.1 MB
- Idiomas: Español, Alemán, Chino tradicional, Francés, Inglés, Neerlandés, Rumano, Ruso
- Vendedor: Amphetamobile, LLC
- © 2012, AACR
Compatibilidad: Requiere iOS 4.2 o posterior. Compatible con iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad, iPod touch (3ª generación), iPod touch (4ª generación), iPod touch (5ª generación) y iPod touch (6ª generación).