Abby’s Aquarium Adventures: Develop your kid’s curiosity about the world of sea creatures through this enticing story filled with facts and fun quirks about fish and sea animals; written by Heidi de Maine. (iPad Lite version; by Auryn Apps)
By Auryn Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Children at younger age are more curious to find out about new animals and creatures. Abby’s story introduces not only exotic sea creatures, but also gives an insight into the world of people who work inside the aquarium. Useful facts and fun ‘quirks’ about each fish or sea animal is presented in a language that is easy to understand but also leaves space for more exploration. Your little one would want to learn more about the sea creatures after reading this story.
Abby’s Aquarium Adventures is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn Inc. The app is based on a book by the same name written by marine biologist Heidi de Maine and illustrated by Keli Hazelton.
▶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
- Learn about different types of Sea creatures and their characteristics
- Introduce kids to the concept of Aquariums and Zoos
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
- Name the fishes and their colors mentioned in the app
- The difference between an Aquarium and a zoo.
- What does a fish eat?
▶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder - when an image on the screen is touched, the associated word is spoken and the written word is displayed.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
▶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
The lite version contains the first six pages of the original app with all the functionalities. The user also gets an overview of rest of the pages in thumbnail format.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: email@example.com
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Bug fix and Optimizations
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 20, 2012
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 37.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Auryn, Inc
- © Auryn Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Application$1.99