ABBYY Business Card Reader –The World’s Fastest Business Card Scanner & Contact Management App!
Now ABBYY BCR for your Apple Watch. You won’t need to reach for your iPhone to remember somebody’s name. View contacts and make phone calls right from ABBYY BCR on your Apple Watch!
***** Winner of the RISING STAR Award in the Mobile Star Awards *****
ABBYY Business Card Reader easily & simply captures & stores contact from business cards in 25 languages to your smartphone. BCR allows for cards to be automatically photographed, cropped and saved in 30% less time. The recognized data can be saved in either your smartphone’s Contacts or in the app’s own digital storage.
• QUICK AND ACCURATE SCANNING
ABBYYs optical character recognition technology provides quick & accurate recognition of all contact information: names, organizations, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc.
• AUTO-CLICK PHOTO FEATURE
Automatically focuses on the business card, detects its edges, crops any extraneous background & captures an image of the card all by itself.
• EASY CHECK OF RECOGNIZED DATA
The app highlights “unusual” characters with blue color and displays the original image so that you can quickly confirm the apps output.
• APPLE WATCH APP.
• AUTOMATIC NORMALIZATION OF PHONE AND EXTENTION NUMBERS
BCR will automatically put in all the missing parts, so that you can reach the contact even if the country code was omitted in print.
• AUTOCOMPLETION OF ADDRESSES
BCR corrects any typos and fills in the missing address fields so you can easily find it on the map.
• SYNC AND AUTOMATIC OR MANUAL BACKUPS
Sync card data across platforms to make database updated and accessible from all your devices on ABBYYBCR.COM. Automatic and manual backups to archive and restore to another device.
• Export data from scanned business cards to Salesforce Leads (premium account required)
• Spotlight Search to find business cards from BCR
• Export business cards to MS Excel in .CSV format.
• Smart Facebook and LinkedIn search: connect social media account to the business card and auto upload photo of contact from Facebook.
• Search in iPhone Maps for the address of your contacts.
• Exchange digitally and forward recognized contacts via e-mail as VCard or JPEG files or via SMS as a plain text.
• Support 25 languages including recognition of multilingual cards:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Norwegian (both Bokmal and Nynorsk)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
Enable Salesforce subscription (1 month for $2.99 or 1 year for $9.99) to export your business cards to Salesforce CRM.
Please note the subscription is automatically renewed at the end of the period unless you choose to cancel the subscription at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription to that publication.
CORPORATE VOLUME LICENSING
If you are interested in volume licensing (from 50 licenses) for your company or any customization of the app, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please leave a review if you like Business Card Reader. Thank you!
In this latest release, we have fixed several issues and made some improvements.
The most important in previous releases:
+ Redesigned onboarding: modern look and improved usability.
+ Improved application stability when working with large amount of business cards.
+ Support of 60 FPS in BCR camera.
+ Smart search in Facebook and LinkedIn.
Please feel free to leave reviews and questions here on the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Could be better
This app has great features that other apps do not offer. I like being able to search them on LinkedIn, save their photo, and export my contacts into an excel file. However, this app can do better with the address function. If the address isn’t correct, I have to make a new address and delete the original because it will not save my edit, or it will mix the state into the street address. Additionally, once I do get the right address and export to an excel file, the state, street, and zip columns are never accurate in the file. It’s very frustrating. Have you thought about making specific fields when inputting the address on the app instead of one long line? One card will work, while the other card from the same company won’t. I just don’t get it. Also, I can’t download the app on my desktop because it’s a windows, and my phone is an apple product and it shows there’s no device found. In order to get the app on my desktop, I’ll have to pay for the app again..? No. Again, this app has better features than other apps, but I don’t know if it’s worth $35.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! The desktop application is out of sale. We will forward your wish to improve the address line to the developers. Have a nice day,
Fantastic App 268 contacts!!!!!
I volunteer with many groups. I also have a business and friends from different groups. This app is the only way I can keep all my contacts in one place but divided among the various groups where I know them! Of all the apps I've ever owned, this has to be my all time favorite! I love the fact that every few months I can go in and back everything up. This also makes life so easy when I upgrade my cell phone and need to move my contacts over!
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thanks for a review, we're glad to know that our app is useful for you. Best regards, ABBYY Mobile team.
Very Useful - Some Annoying Bugs
Using on an iPhoneX
- I use English and Japanese, and wish I could turn off English when scanning Japanese cards. Does well scanning both languages, but the app makes more mistakes when both languages are turned on. English is always on by default.
- Annoying app crashes when editing addresses. Most often, while modifying an address, the country selector will suddenly be displayed, and after selecting a country, the app will crash and will need to be rebooted. As verifying data in multiple languages is a tedious task, these random crashes cause significant reduction in productivity.
- Add group button doesn’t work when entering data. To add groups, must visit the settings page.
- Want the ability to make subgroups of a group.
Haven’t tried exporting the data yet, but looking forward to giving it a try. This app has lot of potential.
Developer Response ,
We would like to ask you to write us a letter to email@example.com and describe the issues with crashing to investigate them further.
With warm wishes,
- ABBYY USA Software House Inc
- 133.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018, ABBYY Production LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Export to Salesforce yearly $9.99
- Export to Salesforce monthly $2.99
- Export to CRM $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.