My coolest feature is: make a word - I will read it for you!
Classic magnetic letters and numbers, symbols and shapes (voiced in 9 languages + different accents for some languages*), and bright toy magnets, some of which shining gently, some making funny sounds or get animated on touch.
Fun educational app, great for teaching kids and a creative play, perfect a gift.
"Magnetic Board is a great app for both fun and education with lots of features to love. It’s a nicely done digital take on an old classic." - by iHeartThisApp.com
http://iheartthisapp.com/...I love the versatility of the app.
Having both a creative and an educational aspect gives this app an edge on usability.
Another bonus is the simple, intuitive navigation strip along the bottom that is easily used by younger children.
This app is designed to inspire creativity and imagination without the pressure of points, timers or competition.
In this digital version of the classic school letters on the refrigerator door, children have access to unlimited play with a wide range of pieces – letters, numbers, symbols and shapes – each available in various colours + a number of toy magnets representing objects of the real word. In addition, there are numerous backgrounds to choose from, making for endless combinations and hours of fun.
Just like magnetic letters of old, children can place the magnetic pieces as they like to create words, pictures and designs. The app can also be used as an educational tool to practice spelling and maths.
It definitely has some key features and benefits over its real world counterpart:
- Letters are available in both upper and lower case.
- Each piece can be used as many times as you wish with no limits which is great for spelling practice as there are no constraints with limited letters.
- Fill in magnetic pages transform this creative app into a lovely little puzzle app as well.
- Being able to save pictures to the camera roll means the best masterpieces are easily stored for posterity and future access.
- The magnets are never lost or under foot!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- 4 alphabets: Latin, Cyrillic, Korean (Hangul), Thai;
- Numbers, common geometric shapes, and common signs (voiced in English (British, US, Australian), French (French, Canadian), German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Thai);
- Variations of different pronunciation for English from: UK (British), US, Australia, South Africa, Ireland, for French: France, Canada; also for Spanish: Spain, Mexico; for Portuguese: Portugal, Brazil.
- 3 changeable boards, each of them with 15 changeable backgrounds;
- 10 sets of colourful toy magnets: Summer, Garden, Night, Autumn, Halloween, Snowy Winter, Christmas, Christmas 2013, Spring, Party;
- 6 magic boards which are fun shape puzzles with a wonderful animated reward; may be used as additional boards.
- Hide sets of magnets in Options;
- Two-levels menu.
*Letters and Numbers sound may be Off by default, please find the control in Menu, Language.
Fixed issues with sound in iOS 11.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use. Beautiful magnets and backgrounds.
Update was a bad idea. I don't mind in app purchases, but you made this impossible to hand to a child without them making a purchase. Slide the cute pumpkin to purchase. Please change purchase format. I don't want to delete and I don't want to be forced to purchase. If given a free choice I might have.
needs letter sounds for Thai and Korean letters
This app needs those sounds please. It was not stated in the description which alphabets would or would not have sound.
I feel that for the price of $5.00, in this full version, all letter sounds for all languages should be included, as well as stated clearly in the description.
Could this correction eventually be provided in an update?
Developer, please respond with any answers here if possible.
Otherwise this is a great learning and play app. I paid for another magnetic board app in the past, and an update removed all letter sounds.
Designed to inspire creativity and imagination
A great app for both fun and education with lots of features to love. It’s a nicely done digital take on an old classic.
- Tatiana Churanova
- 194.5 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Tatiana Churanova 2011-2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.