ABC News for iPad
By ABC Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
See the whole picture with the ABC News App for iPad:
- A.M., Midday and Evening Editions make it easy to browse the day's most engaging news
- Watch live video of key news events while browsing the rest of the app
- Headlines from top stories in U.S., Politics, Investigative, Health, Money, Entertainment, Technology, Sports, International, and Travel
- Award-winning coverage from Good Morning America, World News, Nightline, 20/20, This Week
- Hourly and daily weather forecasts
- Local news updates in major U.S. markets (New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Houston, Raleigh-Durham, and Fresno)
- Lifestyle & Fun section to get the day's most intriguing news, all in one place
- Trending stories to see what everyone is talking about
- Breaking news alerts
- Share on Facebook and Twitter or via email
We welcome your feedback! Tell us what you think and email us at email@example.com
What's New in Version 3.5
Backend updates and improvements
Same story endlessly, hardly news
Hopelessly loyal to ABC news. I watch it on TV and I read it on my iPad. There must be millions of news stories every day worth reporting and this app refreshes it's content at least 3 times a day. But the same story appears all day and in many many instances all week. ABC seems to think its network shows are news, hence never ending stories about the bachelor/ette as well as others. These stories remain for days, hardly news. Viral videos that are cute are hardly news either and also remain for days. How can ABC retain its audience if the daily news is just the same story over and over. Then the advertisements are killing me. Obviously this is a money maker for ABC but a death bomb for viewers. I keep waiting for something more respectable to come along as an update to the app, but never ending stories about tv shows and relentless ads seem to be what ABC thinks we want. World news tonight this is not.
The app freezes way too many times during one show. I exited the show in hopes that when I returned the issue would be corrected only to either have to watch all six commercials,, again or stay at a screen😡.
Then the commercials are repetitive. If there have to be commercials at least let there be a variety.
I do appreciate the availability of programs nut between the app freezing and repetitive commercials I might as well watch the programs on tv. At least there the program does not freeze and there are a variety of commercials.
And is it me or am I the only person who when writing a review if the nickname is taken you have to rewrite the review?😡😡😡😡
Biased, and lots of old news
If you want up-to-date news, get another app. ABC recycles the same news for a week. Sometimes two weeks. And no one works on the weekends. ABC is also highly biased. During the presidential debates / election they tipped the scales. No negative news was reported on Hillary Clinton and the many Wikileaks drops regarding Hillary Clinton's and her staffs' e-mails. Nothing about Hillary Clinton, period. No news about any of the Wikileaks documents, either. Currently, all the news ABC presents about President Trump is negative. Ten age girls are negative. News agencies are supposed to report the news, not inject their negativity, opinions, and bias. When they do, they are dumbing YOU, the reader, down.
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 01, 2016
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 46.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ABC Digital
- © 2015 American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.