ABC News for iPad
By ABC Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
See the whole picture with the ABC News App for iPad:
- A.M., Midday and Evening Editions make it easy to browse the day's most engaging news
- Watch live video of key news events while browsing the rest of the app
- Headlines from top stories in U.S., Politics, Investigative, Health, Money, Entertainment, Technology, Sports, International, and Travel
- Award-winning coverage from Good Morning America, World News, Nightline, 20/20, This Week
- Hourly and daily weather forecasts
- Local news updates in major U.S. markets (New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Houston, Raleigh-Durham, and Fresno)
- Lifestyle & Fun section to get the day's most intriguing news, all in one place
- Trending stories to see what everyone is talking about
- Breaking news alerts
- Share on Facebook and Twitter or via email
We welcome your feedback! Tell us what you think and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 3.0
More news at your fingertips: By popular demand, this update significantly increases the number of headlines on the homepage. Happy reading!
Functional news app with non-news click bait
The ABC news app works much better now than it has in the past, it is reasonably well organized, and is reasonably efficient.
The current problems with the app are primarily issues of content. ABC news seems to want to be an entertainment platform, as do most other major 'news' organizations. This is frustrating for those interested in being informed rather than entertained. Ideally, the app would have the ability to dismiss headlines such as "Celebs Rock Sexy Bikinis" or, "Adorable Puppies Tease Silly Cat" which, for me, are not useful stories. ABC's editorial standards, along with those of the American news media as a whole, have steeply declined in recent years, particularly in their ability to generate an informative headline. It seems that the current trend is to leave out the information and instead make a desperate and shameless attention grab with headlines such as "Five AMAZING Things You NEED to Know About the Current Political Candidates." While this is not ABC specific, they still chose to follow this trend and thereby actively diminish the quality of their brand. The app also fails to tastefully display its advertisements, which, while necessary, can be done correctly. In conclusion, this may not be the world's best written review, but it still far exceeds the standards of ABC news and its competitors.
works fine for me
I have no troubles with this news app, although so much of the news is entertainment not real news. I live about sixty miles away from Los Angeles so I get the channel through an antenna free. No cable for me. There are many choices in this app, you can check out recent news from Good Morning America, Nightline, and others, Live Video and other videos, sports, weather, etc.
It was better before
It used to be really good being able to click the video and watching the content. But now sitting through a commercial before every video is very annoying and makes me not want to use the app I don't have time for commercials, if I did I would just watch tv
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 05, 2015
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 30.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: ABC Digital
- © 2014 American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.