ABC News - Breaking US & World News
By ABC Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Breaking U.S. and world news and the latest updates on entertainment, politics, health, technology, science and business news – ABC News for iPhone and Apple Watch has you covered morning, noon and night:
- When you’re on the go, personalized alerts keep you from missing out
- When news is breaking, watch live coverage while browsing the rest of the app
- When it’s time for a change of pace, fascinating stories await in Best Reads
- In the car, ABC News Radio catches you up – hands-free
- In the evening, the day’s best video is cued up in Daily Rewind
Read stories and watch clips from your favorite ABC News shows including Good Morning America, World News, Nightline, This Week and 20/20.
What's New in Version 4.25
Bug fixes. From the previous version:
Experience the magic and simplicity of glanceable moments with ABC News on Apple Watch!
- Be the first to know with personalized notifications
- Start an audio stream from ABC News Radio
- Stay current with Top Stories and Best Reads curated for your wrist – then tap "Save & Follow" to continue the experience
- When news breaks, seamlessly transition to live video coverage with Handoff
So you really want to be filled with unnecessary fear?
Fear is the key that is used by ABC to pump up stories to make them larger than life. Make you feel that the stories are of real importance and that you are glad you were watching ABCNews. Hearing 'deadly' 11 times in a broadcast, or 'catastrophic' 9 times, or 'horrific' 8 times, or 'shocking' 7 times...etc. it's a shame they do this to get you to stay watching through the commercials. Money hungry, profit maximizing company. Tossing out the old newscasters and personalities and putting in 'hip, cool, YOUNG' talent. Yeah. Annoying as F***. I switched to NBC. It's not fear inducing and they're honest! Make the switch!!! I'm well respected in my field and trust me, I KNOW what I'm talking about. The research and thousands of watching hours are done. Thank you for your time and consideration. This is a public awareness announcement.
Still a few bugs
The app doesn't crash as bad as it used to but it still crashes. Mainly when you are trying to share a story with someone else. Also, when you go to your saved stories list, you will often find a different story than the one you had saved. I'll go back to the newsfeed to find the story I saved and it doesn't show the star being marked. There have been many times where I've tried multiple times to save one story only to have a different story show in my saved list.
So much clutter to get through!
Wow. What a sucky app. While I like ABC news, I hate this app. When I opened it today from a new notification I was told I won an iPhone - well, not really, I was offered a "free" iPhone if I complete "offers". And I had to clear this away 3 times to get to the 3 lines of news on a topic I wanted to read, that was buried within pages and pages of other ads. Minimal content and pervasive and invasive advertising. Shame on you ABC. I thought those offer ads were relegated to junk mail...
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 10, 2015
- Version: 4.25
- Size: 38.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: ABC Digital
- © ABC News
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.