ABC News - Breaking US & World News
By ABC Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Breaking U.S. and world news and the latest updates on entertainment, politics, health, technology, science and business news – ABC News for iPhone and Apple Watch has you covered morning, noon and night:
- When you’re on the go, personalized alerts keep you from missing out
- When news is breaking, watch live coverage while browsing the rest of the app
- When it’s time for a change of pace, fascinating stories await in Best Reads
- In the car, ABC News Radio catches you up – hands-free
- In the evening, the day’s best video is cued up in Daily Rewind
Read stories and watch clips from your favorite ABC News shows including Good Morning America, World News, Nightline, This Week and 20/20.
What's New in Version 4.25
Bug fixes. From the previous version:
Experience the magic and simplicity of glanceable moments with ABC News on Apple Watch!
- Be the first to know with personalized notifications
- Start an audio stream from ABC News Radio
- Stay current with Top Stories and Best Reads curated for your wrist – then tap "Save & Follow" to continue the experience
- When news breaks, seamlessly transition to live video coverage with Handoff
So much clutter to get through!
Wow. What a sucky app. While I like ABC news, I hate this app. When I opened it today from a new notification I was told I won an iPhone - well, not really, I was offered a "free" iPhone if I complete "offers". And I had to clear this away 3 times to get to the 3 lines of news on a topic I wanted to read, that was buried within pages and pages of other ads. Minimal content and pervasive and invasive advertising. Shame on you ABC. I thought those offer ads were relegated to junk mail...
Unacceptable Included Scam Ad
This app was useful until recently when the malware-like “Your iPhone has been selected…” ad appeared. As others have mentioned, clicking on the flashing envelope (with a red “1” superscript), or even clicking on the adjacent area that imitates a menu access icon, results in a screen that only permits a click on “OK”, supposedly to claim your “free iPhone”. This sort of ad is insulting and unacceptable. Shame on ABC. I will no longer use this app.
New annoying promo!
I used to like this app but recently I have been getting an annoying blinking envelope that won't go away and if you click it you're taken off the app to another site that says your iphone was selected for a free offer. There is no way to disable it or hide it. I'm considering replacing the app.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 10, 2015
- Version: 4.25
- Size: 38.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: ABC Digital
- © ABC News
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.