ABC Phonics Sight Words HD Free Lite - for iPad
By Hien Ton
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
★★★ Try Our New Featured App "Aaah! Math Zombies" ★★★
Ads Notice: There was an issue in the filtering of the ads at the Ad Network Center that allow non kid-friendly ads through. We have spoken to them and they have resolved it.
We apologize if any ads was inappropriate for kids. We are parents ourselves and don't want our kids to be exposed to this.
LEARN DOLCH SIGHT WORDS THE FUN AND EASY WAY
FOUR GAMES IN ONE - All Bundled Together
1. FLASHCARDS - SEE the spelling, HEAR the audio, and LEARN the word.
2. DRAG & SPELL - HEAR the audio, then SPELL the word. Teaches fine motor skills to drag the letter into the right spot to teach spelling of the words.
3. UNSCRAMBLE - Test reinforced learning to see if your child comprehend the lessons from the top two games. Unscramble the word without any audio cues.
4. PRIZE AWARD - Encourages and rewards your child and makes learning fun. After completing each level in the Unscramble, your kids can go to the Prizeland to play and with the prizes. The more levels they complete, the more prizes they will unlock.
WHY SIGHT WORDS?
Learning over 300 Dolch Sight Words or "High Frequency" Words will help your child learn to read better, and in most schools, it is a requirement for the kids to know these without sounding them out.
The POWER in this learning tool is the ability to change the setting to fit your child's learning level and style and design to grow with your child. Use this to design your own custom learning lesson plans.
7 POWER SETTINGS - Please adjust Accordingly:
1. VOICE SPEECH - Hear the audio of the pronunciation of the word and the sound of the alphabet letters.
2. LETTER HINTS: The letter is hinted to the child to encourage and aid them by using letter visual cues in the Unscramble Words game.
3. UNSCRAMBLE HINTS - Assist in the unscrambling of the words. Recommended for early learner that need just that little bit of push to make learning enjoyable. It might be the little thing that will make learning not so overwhelming.
4. SPELL IN ORDER - If ON, then it teaches the kids the proper order to spell the words. This is recommended once they have a good understanding of all the sight words in the Flashcards game.
5. SOUND EFFECTS - Feedback to reinforce learning and make it enjoyable. For instance, Clapping sound to provide positive encourage when the child gets it right.
6. ALL CAPITAL LETTERS - Switch between capital or lower case letters to teach letter recognition.
7. LEVELS - Adjust accordingly to your child's reading and learning age. The following are the categories to focus on:
- 1st Grade
- 2nd Grade
- 3rd Grade
- 4 Fun packed games to make learning fun.
- Easy to Read in Fun, Bold Block Letters.
- Easy for child to use
- Professionally recorded audio for clear pronunciation .
- Tested by Parents and their kids for ease of use. Design to be used by the kids alone or with parents in an interactive session.
- Settings to adjust to the child's learning level and style - easy enough to make lesson plans
**** Suitable for kids ages 3 and Older. ****
What's New in Version 2.0
Release Version: 2.0
Release Developer: Henry Ton
Release Date: 8/1/2010
- Change the way the words were stored to be more efficient during the retrieval process
- Refactor the code to reduce the multiple places where the code were repeated
- change the coordinates and timing of the animations
Great app, but ad model spoils it.
My 3 year old daughter loves this app and seems to be developing more and more mastery of basic words with it. I would consider buying the full version if it avoided what I see as one of the biggest flaw in this ap... banner ads.
Unfortunately, the banner ad model is not appropriate - while I have not seen what a previous reviewer mentioned (patently adult content), I've seen things I would still not consider "kid appropriate." Now, I understand that the ad is not really targeting the kid; it's targeting the adult who is watching over the kid using the app - so I can understand "kid irrelevant ads" such as for Turbo Tax or The Economist... but ads for alcoholic beverages are not appropriate for kids, even under supervision.
I don't think that this is unique to this app or even this vendor... the banner ad technology used appears to be a 3rd party component used in many apps, and not under the direct control of the app authors. For that reason, I'm not going to use inappropriate banner ads as a reason to rate this product low, but I did feel it necessary to let folks know. Be aware of this when downloading this, or any other free app.
The makers of this app, and other kid oriented apps that use the banner ad model need to put pressure on the provider of the ad channel to give them more flexible filtering tools.
Ads are not appropriate for children's game!
Open up the game, and the first page has an ad taking up 1/2 the screen for an adult singles chat website. The ad is a link, that when touched by a 2 year old he is whisked away to an adult chat site for singles.
Much better games out there that are not just building link bait.
Do not download! Description details that ads are now kid friendly? They say they are parents, so they moved from singles ads to smoking ads. They don't even allow smoking ads on NASCAR! I'm guessing their six year old is choking down a Marlboro while surfing for a date.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 09, 2010
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 10.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hien Ton
- © 2010 BrainCounts
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.