The ABC7 app provides the latest local, weather and national top stories and breaking news customized for you! Get more live and on-demand video than ever before, including live newscasts, and choose customized alerts based on your interests.
Customized “My News” that matters to you
- Stay informed on stories you love by choosing customized topics.
- “My News” builds a unique feed just for you based on interests and locations you choose.
- Stay updated on the latest through live video, real-time updates and easy navigation.
Get alerts you want
- Choose customized alerts for topics and locations you care about, from entertainment news to sports updates and everything in between.
- Easily select locations in “Settings” to get the latest breaking news, weather and traffic from your area in real-time.
Watch live video
- Find exclusive video clips and live video streams at the top of the app, including live news broadcasts.
- Switching between live streams is as easy as flipping between channels.
- Watch live video while you read stories and browse the app
Stay updated 24/7 on weather and traffic
- Easily choose your locations to get hourly conditions and 7-day forecasts.
- Get real-time Doppler maps along with detailed weather information from Accuweather.
- Get weather and traffic alerts for severe conditions so you’re always up-to-date before you go.
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device's advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Last straw today - DELETED
I’ve used this app for a few years and lived with a lot of annoyances. One longtime issue was the app throwing up an alert about a news development on the lock screen, but when going to the app, it merely linked to the “home” screen. Sometimes merely finding the story mentioned in the alert was difficult (you’d think that it would be the top story given it was the subject of the lock screen alert).
Well, they finally fixed that, but TODAY I kept encountering another super annoying issue. While reading one story, the app kept switching to a different story. It did this 4 times. The first time I thought I might have hit a link within the story I was reading. The next few times I was careful not to touch any text that might have been a link. Finally on the 4th try, I just watched the screen without touching. Sure enough, after about 20-30 seconds, the app just loaded the same story AGAIN about LA Police capturing Nipsey Hussle’s killer. In fact it’s something I had already looked at when opening the app.
Anyway, I have no tolerance for apps that decide what I want to see when I’m trying to see something else.
Its deleted, gone... good riddance!
I can’t with this app anymore
After a few years of dealing with this app I’m finally deleting it. I can’t anymore with how terrible it is. For starters the ads inside are such icky scam clickbait that it makes the news seem entirely unreliable. And I’ve sent messages to the creators about it before but I HATE that I have zero control over the news that gets pushed to my home screen. I should be able to say no to getting endless updates about sports, celebrity news, this person said WHAT? On Twitter??? BS, and for getting every single second play by play about things that don’t matter to me: “EVENT is today!” “We’re counting down to EVENT!” “EVENT is about to start” “EVENT just started” on and on until I want to die. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS APP. THE NEWS IS NOT WORTH IT. THE TYPOS AND INCOMPLETE REPORTING ARE NOT WORTH IT. NOTHING THAT IS PROVIDED IS WORTH HOW ANNOYING THIS APP IS.
Only 3 stars because riddled with ads
The only other local news app I have does NOT have an ad to start every....single...video report.
One can view each news video in the app free and clear. Wonderful. The ads are embedded in less obnoxious fashion. But ABC 7 can't stop at the less obnoxious ads. They have to go all out with a 30 second ad beginning every single video in the app. And the majority of stories have a video. Yes I know I can just read the story under the vid but not everyone wants to do that every time when there is in fact a video. The video ads are so frustrating I'm using the app less and less. GET RID OF THE NEWS VIDEO ADS!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.