ABC7 Chicago Alarm Clock
By ABC Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WLS-TV Chicago. Wake up with the ABC7 Chicago Alarm Clock app! Start your day with local news and sports headlines, Doppler Radar, current weather conditions and traffic. Set your alarm to wake up to the sound of your favorite ABC7 morning personality, such as Hosea Sanders, Judy Hsu, Roz Varon, and Tracy Butler. You can choose one of our classic alarm tones or even choose a song from your iTunes music library and adjust the alarm sound fade-in to give you a really pleasant way to wake up slowly!
★ ALARM CLOCK FEATURES ★
- Choose from 5 custom ABC7 Chicago tones: Hosea Sanders, Judy Hsu, Roz Varon, Tracy Butler and the Breaking News Theme
- Choose to wake up to your favorite song using your own music from your iPhone music library
- Wake up to 1 of 10 built-in classic tones: Alarm Clock, Ascend, Chimes, Descend, Dog Barking, Doorbell, Sonar, Waterfall, Whistle, and an authentic Rooster crow
- Choose from 3 different Chicago-area images for your alarm app wallpaper
- Clock dimmer is adjustable
- Choose 12- or 24-hour clock
- Multiple alarms supported
- Snooze/Stop alarm
- Sound volume adjustable
- Snooze time customizable
- Sound fade in of alarm tones to wake up gently
- Turn vibrate ON/OFF
- Repeat alarms on certain days of the week
- Alarm works even when the screen is locked or when iPhone is muted
- Background Alarm: receive sound notification alarms when the app is not in the foreground*
★ NEWS ★
- Get the latest news and sports headlines from ABC7 Chicago right when you wake up
★ WEATHER ★
- View animated Doppler Radar maps
- Get hourly and extended weather conditions
- Automatically set weather to your current location or manually add a location by zip code
- Watch the latest ABC7 Chicago video forecast
★ TRAFFIC ★
- Get the latest Chicago traffic information to plan your commute using our real-time traffic maps
★ HELPFUL TIPS ★
*Like all 3rd party alarm apps, make sure our app is running in the foreground when you go to sleep at night – so make sure you don’t hit that iPhone “home” button!
What's New in Version 1.2.2
- Fully supports the iPhone 5 and 5th generation iPod touch
- iOS6 bug fixes
Simple, but not badly executed
Surprised that it supports multiple-city weather in a manner better than default Iphone app.
Not too many stories, but they are well-chosen so that when you want to the app has some interesting details of what's happening at the moment here in the big C.
No experience with alarm but it worked when I tested it.
News stories require angular glide touch to navigate, so some redesign might make the app better.
I really liked this app when it first came out, but lately there have been some problems with the weather video that are quite annoying. The video used to change orientation when I turned my phone sideways, but no longer does. Now this morning, will not even access the weather video. I use a better alarm clock app so I can't comment on that part of the app. The rest works fine.
Alarm sound does not work
I have recently found the alarm sound first was not loud enough and now no sound at all.. I have checked that the alarm is running in the background and columned is all the way up and not in silent mode. Made me late to work!! Please fix this !!!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 18, 2012
- Version: 1.2.2
- Size: 22.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ABC Digital
- © 2012 ABC Inc, WLS-TV/DT Chicago, IL. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.