ABContacts; Contacts Manager, Group Text & Email, Dialer, Favorites
By Andrea Vettori
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ABContacts: the powerful contacts manager. Groups, Smart Groups, T9 dialer, favorites. With call router to easily use more than one app to make calls. With Group Text and Group Email. Start calls with the regular Phone app or with Google Voice (needs supported app) or Skype (needs Skype app) or other supported apps. MacWorld.com 4/5. 148Apps.com 4.5/5. AppCraver.com 9/10.
User's guide available on the web site www.redbits.com. Please read the guide, most negative reviews are from people that have not read the user's guide. If in doubt, send an email to support ! We reply to every request.
The app has five 'modes' :
- Smart Groups
- Recent Calls
SEARCH AND LISTING FEATURES :
- The search bar will search notes, first and last name, company, job titles, departments, phone numbers, emails (configurable on the settings and can work on words or full search);
- Show contact pictures (can be turned off);
- Company view shows contacts grouped by company;
- Shows company, job title and department on the contact list;
- Optionally show company in big font and contact in small font;
- Contact filtering to show a reduced set of contacts; can filter by company, city, state, country and part of notes;
- Shows upcoming birthdays and events;
- Shows unfiled contacts;
- Dialer to search for contacts with a fast T9 keyboard;
- Favorites photo listing;
- Speed dial of the first nine favorites;
CONTACTS AND GROUPS FEATURES:
- Smart groups based on rules; There are five different types of rules and they work on first name, last name, company, notes, job title, department, city, state, country, birthday and events fields, emails and phones. Rules can be combined to create very powerful filters !
- Native and Private groups;
- Add new contact in one fast screen;
- Quick action to email to groups of contacts (using TO or BCC);
- Quick action to send a text to groups of contacts;
- Quick actions to make call, send email and send SMS to a contact faster;
- Display contact's addresses in maps
- Send contact information to others by email (text and/or vcard);
- Print contact information (requires AirPrint compatible printer);
- Create, rename and delete group of contacts;
- Edit contact group membership on one screen;
- Create, edit and remove contacts with the same user interface as the contacts built-in app (remove button is in a different place);
- Mail and SMS are sent using the configured applications, which can can be the built-in ones or others;
- A lot of customizable options in the settings.
INTEGRATION WITH OTHER APPS
- if the basic group texting and emailing features are not enough, the app can integrate with our other Group Text! and Group Email! apps to send texts with contact information and location address and map links and to send emails with various kinds of attachments.
- the app can make calls with various apps (Apple Phone, Skype, Google Voice GVConnect / GVMobile and others). The app to use can be configured with number labels.
- To open the 'mode' selector tap on the title bar.
- Apps can't create or manage native groups on Exchange. Private Groups and Smart groups will work.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR iOS6 USERS:
For group texting to work on iPhone with iOS6 you have to turn OFF Group Messaging (if available) into the device Settings app. Please contact us for more details or take a look at the support page on the web site.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR iOS5 USERS:
For group texting to work on iPhone with iOS5 you have to turn OFF iMessage, MMS and Group Messaging (if available) into the device Settings app. Please contact us for more details or take a look at the support page on the web site.
What's New in Version 1.9.9
- iOS6 support
- iPhone 5 support
- stability improvements and bug fixes
Simulates Outlook Categories
I bought an iPhone over a year ago. I was slow to get one because Outlook syncing was very important to my way of doing business and the iPhone doesn't support Outlook's categories. I was hoping to find a solution to my issue during the 30 day trial period. What I didn't expect was that this program and the iPhone made Outlook irrelevant. I rarely look up a contact anymore on the computer because Groups simulates categories so well.
What makes this program so functional for me is the way you can display groups. For example, one of my big groups is Banks, a sub group is Wells Fargo, then each branch is shown with a contacts name underneath the branch name. So, if I need to talk with someone that I only met once and don't recall the name, I can go through the process of recalling the branch of the bank where the name is located. It is a great aid and I could find no other app that allowed me to simulate the categories method of organizing contacts like Outlook does. This is one of the programs I end up using the most. It certainly has a big impact on the phones utility to me.
Update-I have been using this for over 3 years. It remains at the core of why I use the iPhone. It allows a melding of a day timer and a phone. I waited so many years for that technology to develop as a mature product. It's simply great, really great.
Love smart groups
I originally purchased this app for mass texting, but this app shines for power users that want to create dynamic rules so you don't have to manually shift people around. You can make groups based on attributes of contacts, and multiple groups can contain the same contact. In addition, it allows for management of private groups available only to this app, and native groups that integrate with iOS and/or your contacts provider (Exchange, etc.).
Awesome, MUST HAVE App
Still the best... Take a few minutes to get the user guide and read about how to use the features and you will be astounded by this powerful contact manager. It is a MUST HAVE app for anyone that has an extensive contact list and wants to organize it into groups, or to be able to search for a contact based on a key word in the notes on the contact. It also has a powerful filter function that can display only those contacts that match all of the criteria you set. It has powerful shortcuts to save you time (productivity), and much, much more. Also, the developer is open to suggestions and is very responsive to reasonable inquiries.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 19, 2012
- Version: 1.9.9
- Size: 3.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Andrea Vettori
- © 2008-2012 Andrea Vettori
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.