AbleRoad - Ratings and reviews for accessible places
By AbleRoad Associates, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
No matter where you live or what you like to do, AbleRoad™ lets you locate, rate and review accessible places! Find nearby restaurants, stores, hotels, groceries, salons, theaters, and more. After you've visited, you can give your own access ratings in the following categories:
1) Mobility: Parking, restrooms, paths to entrances, lobby, counters/registers, signage, interior access.
2) Hearing: Captioning, VideoPhone/TTY, ASL staff, noise levels, strobe fire alarms, sensitive staff.
3) Sight: Public transport, announcements, phone information, website accessibility, lighting, Braille information, large print, aisles/navigation, guide dog/service animal.
4) Cognitive: Easy path of travel, oral information, illustrative communication, spaces clearly marked, live phone support, simple door operation, credit card alternatives, readily available assistance, respectful staff, knowledgeable staff, evacuation policies.
All it takes to submit ratings is a few taps on the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You also have the option of submitting text reviews.
Ratings and reviews appear in the app and on the AbleRoad.com website for the entire AbleRoad community in your area to use. Be sure to tell friends, family members and anyone else who is interested in finding and sharing accessible places.
The app and the AbleRoad.com website were designed to be accessible by low-vision and blind users. More features are coming soon, including versions for other mobile operating systems!
What's New in Version 1.4.15
Simplified the flow of the Instant Review. Please do try this, it is a revolutionary feature automatically finding the business and allowing review and ratings in the minimum clicks, before you first course arrives at the table!
Great idea. It would be great if people used it.
I keep getting a message saying that the app owner need to update it to improve compatibility. Maybe people would use it if it worked for them. I feel like this *could* be a great app.
I like that you can also see the Yelp reviews for the place you're looking at, it's too bad that the majority of Yelp users don't pay any attention to accessibility. It makes me sad that looking up my city gives me 10 pages of results, but no AbleRoad reviews.
Crashed on opening with iPad 1
Great program before last. 2 upgrades. 1st version was excellent, but not operable with iPad 1. Might work with later IOS.
Good concept if it worked
Crashes whenever you write a review
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jul 27, 2014
- Version: 1.4.15
- Size: 5.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AbleRoad Associates Inc
- © 2014 AbleRoad™ Associates, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.