By Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
About Herbs is presented by Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s Integrative Medicine Service. This app works on iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch devices.
• More than 200 monographs describing the structure, purported uses, adverse effects, and drug interactions of various herbs, botanicals, supplements, complementary therapies, and more
• Objective information backed by scientific references
• Two different versions of each monograph: one written for healthcare professionals and one for consumers
• Search by product or service name, or by medical condition
• Save favorites and explore featured products and services
• Weekly updates with new and updated monographs
• Access content offline after the app has been downloaded, with no Internet connection needed
• Original artist renderings of each product and service
• Share content by e-mailing the link for a monograph on our About Herbs website
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is one of the world’s premier cancer centers, committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and outstanding educational programs. In this app, our Integrative Medicine Service, under the leadership of a pharmacist and botanicals expert, provides comprehensive, objective information about herbs, botanicals, supplements, complementary therapies, and more.
The content in this app is provided as general health information only. It is not to be used as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment of any health condition or problem. Any questions regarding your own health should be addressed to your own physician or other healthcare provider.
What's New in Version 1.2
This version has been updated to reflect the iOS 7 style.
App works great, no problems I've yet encountered, and you can read it offline. I like that this is science based and gives a balanced view, neither dismissive of alternative and complimentary medicine, nor is it promotional. It is a good source to find what has solid evidence behind it and what doesn't.
This is a great app and very informative especially for the physician, but there is one problem, make it available in landscape mode for my iPad. If you can work on that, I would be truly greatful and also give you the fifth star
Very informative app. Slight glitch
I found this app very informative and abundant in information regarding many different herbs. There is a slight glitch in navigating from herbs back to the main menu. Overall great app!
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Feb 11, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 37.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- © 2012-2014 Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.