By Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
About Herbs is presented by Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s Integrative Medicine Service. This app works on iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch devices.
• More than 200 monographs describing the structure, purported uses, adverse effects, and drug interactions of various herbs, botanicals, supplements, complementary therapies, and more
• Objective information backed by scientific references
• Two different versions of each monograph: one written for healthcare professionals and one for consumers
• Search by product or service name, or by medical condition
• Save favorites and explore featured products and services
• Weekly updates with new and updated monographs
• Access content offline after the app has been downloaded, with no Internet connection needed
• Original artist renderings of each product and service
• Share content by e-mailing the link for a monograph on our About Herbs website
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is one of the world’s premier cancer centers, committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and outstanding educational programs. In this app, our Integrative Medicine Service, under the leadership of a pharmacist and botanicals expert, provides comprehensive, objective information about herbs, botanicals, supplements, complementary therapies, and more.
The content in this app is provided as general health information only. It is not to be used as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment of any health condition or problem. Any questions regarding your own health should be addressed to your own physician or other healthcare provider.
What's New in Version 1.3
* Updates to external web links and bug fixes to the download of herb updates.
* Centered the browse and search buttons for a more consistent experience across different device sizes.
NOTE: Those with older versions installed must delete the app first before installing to prevent crashes after upgrading. If you've already upgraded and having crashes, please delete first and get the application again.
Handy app; needs font size options
I use this periodically at work and home, and appreciate the detailed information. My only gripe is the very small text size, it looks like 7 or 8-point font. You can pinch and zoom, but then you have to move the screen around to read.
After I updated iOS, this app would crash and close as soon as I opened it. I deleted it, then reinstalled it, and now the app works fine.
Developer: please make either a 'medium' and 'large' font that justify to the screen width, or else a font size 'slider' adjustment like in the iphone text size options screen.
Great resource for info on alternative options
This app is easy to use, I really like that it has a professional and lay views. Streamlined, helpful, and concise. I only wish it had more on essential oils! Still, this is a really great resource for evidence based information on alternative options where the research is few and far between.
It's good but..
I'd like for you guys to extend the search function. Instead of only being able to search by name, why not have it to where you can search by use too? Simply have a premade list of uses and when someone clicks on a use, it'll show the herbs that are used that way. Other then that, it's good.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Sep 02, 2015
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 56.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- © 2012-2015 Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.