Here is a small but polished tool that allows you to open, view and extract images from abr (brushes), tpl (tool presets) and pat (patterns) files. Abr/tpl/pat are the most popular formats to share brushes and patterns, you can find thousands of them in Internet.
- support of all available versions of ABR, TPL an PAT files
- displaying full Brush list or Stamp / Pattern items only
- loading files from any location - both from Cloud Drive and any other cloud service
- export selected images to Photos, Mail, Notes, Files etc
- support of Drag and Drop on iPad
- support of AirDrop
- opening files copied to app folder using File Sharing on computer
- opening files directly from Safari, Mail or any other app that include 'Open In' option
Here is a big Abr Viewer update, written from scratch, both UI and parser module!
- app now supports brush files in both ABR and TPL format
- it can now open and export PAT files
- all versions of ABR, TPL and PAT are supported
- you can now display brush list as Stamp/Dual Stamp/Pattern items and also view Stamps only or Patterns only
- new interface allows to load files from any location (iCloud Drive and other cloud services)
- you can now export selected images not only to Photos, but also to Mail, Notes, Files etc
- added support of Drag and Drop on iPad
- added support of AirDrop
- added option to open files directly from Safari or any other app that include 'Open In' option
Ratings and Reviews
Okay, writing again!
Another 5 stars for you guys! After getting version 2.0, this works amazingly well. You open up the files in this app, and boom— you have every single picture. You can select the ones you like, and upload them to something else, or save them as images for an app like Procreate. You don’t have to save the images a second time in order to get them to show up in Procreate anymore. It’s perfect for what I need! You guys rock! Fantastic job on 2.0!
Developer Response ,
Please check version 2.0. Whole app was created from scratch, it now supports abr, tpl ,pat and has convenient ways of exporting/importing.
Tested with about 10 abr files from deviantart, it worked with all of them.
benoibe, thank you for your review
1st off, thank you benoibe for your review would help me determine to purchase this app and must say it was worth it! This app along with GoodReader makes it fun and easy to look up and download brushes when you are on the go via iPad to use later on.
Note: As far as I know you cannot open and use brushes from .ABR directly into another drawing app at the moment. Pixelmator for iPad may possibly add this feature in the future but no word yet on that. So until then drag any .abr files from the iTunes folder to the brushes folder of the software you are using.
This however works good for me because by the time I get home I can focus more on transferring and using the downloaded brushes .ABR in Pixelmator and getting down to business. Another thing to mention is that if you have Pixelmator for IPad, use the brushes in the Mac version 1st so that way you can edit them in the iPad version via iCloud once when the file syncs. There you can copy, edit, resize, etc.
Really enjoy this app and very easy to manage brush files when transferring files via iTunes to my brushes folder.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.