Abra enables you to invest in 30 cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP, Litecoin, Stellar, Digibyte and more in one app.
Featured in Forbes, CNN Money, Wall Street Journal, New York Post, Apple’s Planet of the Apps, Coindesk, Techcrunch and more.
Abra combines a safe cryptocurrency wallet and exchange in a user-friendly experience.
You can add money to your wallet using a bank account or using cryptocurrencies including bitcoin, litecoin and bitcoin cash globally and exchange to the currency of your choice, anytime you want, almost instantly.
Abra also enables you to store bitcoin purchased from an external cryptocurrency exchange or bitcoin wallet like Coinbase, GDAX, Kraken, CEX.io, Robinhood, Circle, Binance, Bittrex, Bitfinex, Shapeshift, Mycelium, etc.
** BENEFITS **
With Abra you can:
* Buy, sell and hold bitcoin, litecoin and bitcoin cash
* Invest in 30 cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin (BTC), XRP (XRP), Litecoin (LTC), Ether (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), TRON (TRX), Cardano (ADA), Monero (XMR), Dash (DASH), Doge (DOGE), Omisego (OMG), Qtum (QTUM), ZCash (ZEC), Stellar Lumens (XLM), NEO (NEO), Verge(XVG), 0x (ZRX), Augur (REP), Bitcoin Gold (BTG), DigiByte (DGB), Ethereum Classic (ETC), Golem (GNT), Lisk (LSK), NEM (NEM), Basic Attention Token (BAT), Status (SNT), Stratis (STRAT) and Vertcoin (VTC)
*Exchange between currencies. For instance, invest in cryptocurrencies like XRP or ether by exchanging from USD.
* Hedge your investment portfolio in a quick, easy and safe manner by exchanging from crypto to US Dollars (or any other fiat currency).
* Hold your investments in a free, safe wallet where YOU control your money, not us.
** FUNDING METHODS **
Abra is a global, bitcoin-based, non-custodial wallet with several ways to add funds, depending on where you live:
* Bank: We support a variety of major and regional banks in the US, PH and EU
* American Express: US only. Eligible consumer cards include Amex cards, Bluebird, and Serve
* Visa or Mastercard: Debit/Card card issued globally
* Bitcoin, litecoin or bitcoin cash purchased externally
* Cash: Use the app to find an Abra Teller where supported
Abra allows you to invest in 30 popular cryptocurrencies:
* Bitcoin (BTC): The first cryptocurrency enabling decentralized payments and a safe store of value
* XRP (XRP): Cryptocurrency enabling faster and cheaper bank-to-bank transactions
* Litecoin (LTC): One of the first altcoins, a powerful Bitcoin-fork enabling fast and cheap transactions
* Ethereum (ETH): Cryptocurrency platform for smart contracts and ICO coins
* Bitcoin Cash (BCH): Fork of Bitcoin with capacity for larger blocks and faster transactions
* Monero (XMR): Privacy oriented cryptocurrency that anonymizes transactions using stealth and ring signatures
* Dash (DASH): Cryptocurrency that pioneered built-in governance and privacy
* Dogecoin (DOGE): Cryptocurrency with a history of charitable contributions
* OmiseGO (OMG): Cryptocurrency enabling financial inclusion and interoperability through the public OMG network
* Qtum (QTUM): Smart contract platform that can interoperate with smart contracts on other blockchains
* Zcash (ZEC): Privacy-focused cryptocurrency with the option to create completely anonymous transactions
* Stellar Lumens (XLM): Cryptocurrency focused on cross-border payments
* Verge (XVG): Privacy oriented cryptocurrency that uses i2P and Tor to anonymize transactions
* 0x (ZRX): ERC20 token that will be used to pay for fees on exchanges built on the 0x protocol
Other cryptocurrencies supported on Abra include:
* TRON (TRX)
* Cardano (ADA)
* Augur (REP)
* Bitcoin Gold (BTG)
* DigiByte (DGB)
* Ethereum Classic (ETC)
* NEO (NEO)
* Basic Attention Token (BAT)
* Golem (GNT)
* Lisk (LSK)
* NEM (NEM)
* Status (SNT)
* Stratis (STRAT)
* Vertcoin (VTC)
Abra 5.12 for iOS contains:
• You can now email your transaction history reports for any year
• Bank wires are now available to all US-based users who qualify
• Various performance and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great app but pls read
So Shout our to Abra for their wallet it truly is cutting edge in many ways. I found its installation and usage to be quite simple for a crypto wallet. They offer many coins and this was a huge draw for me.
You might ask why 3 stars then. Here’s why:
1: a simple test of their customer service and review. I’d love to hear back from abra on this thread and I will upgrade 1 star when support responds as I cannot give this a 4th star without testing support.
2: Now we come to the only real technical issue I have with the wallet. Though it allows you to swap coins in a variety and keep any coins you have swapped in abra It seems that you can only send and receive BTC LTC and BCHABC. This is a problem for me. Cause this makes it feel like a basic wallet as it really only allows transactions for these 3 coins. I often send in and out of exchanges. I don’t like to keep funds there for obvious reasons. But I was hoping to keep large sums of alt coins on this wallet that was part of a trading portfolio. As I cannot withdraw my swapped coins to an exchange I cannot trade efficiently. If abra upgrades its system to allow for such withdrawals at least I could use the wallet. Deposits in btc and swaps then off to the exchange. Simple request. 😋 this will get you the 5th star.
All this being said if you merely hold bitcoin abra is an excellent option and I find their wallet quite simple and secure.
Developer Response ,
hi cryptokade, you are always welcome to write into firstname.lastname@example.org. We do want to support as many coins as we can natively, but this will take a long time. Please do make sure to write down your recovery phrase so you aren't at risk of losing any funds. We're working on a lot of improvements, so please do stay tuned. Thank you for taking the time out to provide your feedback and suggestions! All the best, Ryan
Never able to use app and restricted
I was told by customer service I would not be able to use a bank account or card. So I don’t know how you can restrict an account that was NEVER used. So I basically had an account that could never be used and was being told what I could do not have my account be useable. I was able to Join Coinbase and be verified quickly. And able to purchase and transfer ETH the same day.
I downloaded the app, added my card. Said it would be a day to verify. Next day get a message saying I needed to re-add card or contact support. Contacted support and they said they were restricting my wallet and not allowing me to add any funds. No answer as to what was going on or how I could verify my card. Just told I couldn’t add any funds via card or bank. I’ve never had any wallet prior to this. I was branching out and trying to invest in crypto currency and this experience made me realize how unreliable these apps and companies are. They want me to deposit BTC or ETH in their wallet but not any USD. Sounds like fraud to me. Plus they sent a message to contact them yet refused to let me know how in less than 24 hours when never using this app or any other like it I could be “restricted”. Horrible app and even worse support. If I was given any idea what was happening then maybe it would be different but being very vague and after I barely set up the app is suspicious.
Developer Response ,
Hi GrnEyedGirl23, thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We do have security protocols which will restrict users from transacting via banks/credit cards. We do not disclose any additional information regarding restrictions. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for giving us a try. Our apologies for the negative experience, Ryan
ABRA is a scam crypto wallet!! Buyer Beware!!
PLEASE READ!!! I was an avid every day user on Abra. I had been building my portfolio trading crypto for about a year no real issues. They had a few bugs here and there but nothing too alarming. Yesterday they had a bug that made your portfolio show as having $0 which can make your heart drop when you see it and others had the issue according to their Twitter support page. Well they finally had fixed it later in the day but for my highest crypto that I had in my portfolio there was a bug in the amount that was showing on my end. I had my friend look on theirs and the price it showed for this one crypto was much different than mine and by quite a bit. I chatted with support with them telling me it’s nothing on their end and that it was all fine and that there was nothing they could do. I had a substantial amount of this crypto too. It was my number one in my portfolio. I even provided screenshots showing the price difference. Still no help. They wouldn’t even explain to me why the screenshots I sent showing the difference. Needless to say I moved all of my money out of this scam app and transferred it to a new crypto wallet and had to rebuy new crypto’s. So beware with this app they can change your price to be different than someone else’s and there is nothing you can do about it.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, first thing to note here - we are non-custodial. This means we do NOT have access to your funds or your private key. We cannot take funds out of your wallet - this is literally impossible. Secondly, yes, we did have a bug that displayed your funds as 0, the issue was that our price feed data was not being delivered, your funds were always safe. With regards to your incorrect balance, you are likely not aware of the price fluctuations of your assets. Again, we cannot take or alter your crypto balances. Please do not hesitate to reach out to email@example.com if you need anything else. Thanks. -Ryan
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.