The OFFICIAL ABRSM Piano Practice Partner is a simple way to make practising pieces for your ABRSM exam more musical, enjoyable and rewarding. It is useful for anyone learning or teaching pieces from the ABRSM Piano 2019 & 2020 Syllabus. The previous 2017 & 2018 syllabus is also supported at Grades 1-8 along with the 2015 & 2016 syllabus at Grades 1-3.
"… immeasurably valuable for learning new repertoire … the app is brilliantly easy to navigate and inviting to use." BBC Music Magazine
Let Piano Practice Partner play one hand while you play the other as you learn.
Use the ABRSM Piano Practice Partner to:
• Practise each hand separately to improve your fluency – focus on your left hand technique while Practice Partner plays the right hand, for example.
• Make practice more musical and enjoyable by having a virtual partner to play along with.
• Personalise it! Choose from over 20 different hands to customise your Practice Partner.
• Improve your control and general piano technique, helping you to become a more fluent pianist.
• Improve your sense of pulse! Using the unique guide function to help you count rests and tempo adjustments.
• Slow down or speed up the music to a tempo that suits you, for slow careful practice.
• Set loops to repeat parts of your piece if you need to focus on one section.
• Learn to memorise your music for more secure performances.
Piano Practice Partner comes with 3 Examples of music from Grades 1, 5 and 7 of the NEW ABRSM Piano Exam Pieces 2019 & 2020.
In app you may purchase:
• Grade selections
- All 9 pieces from the 2019 & 2020 or 2017 & 2018 ABRSM Piano Exam Pieces book for Grade 1-8 (or Grades 1-3 2015 & 2016)
- All other (alternative) pieces from the 2019 & 2020 ABRSM Piano syllabus
• Individual pieces
- Any individual piece from the 2019 & 2020 or 2017 & 2018 ABRSM Piano Exam Pieces Grade 1-8 books.
- Any individual alternative piece from the 2019 & 2020 ABRSM Piano syllabus
ABRSM is the leading authority on musical assessment. More than 600,000 candidates, in over 90 countries, take our exams every year.
To set standards in providing the highest quality music exams, services and resources, which engage and sustain ever more teachers and learners, enabling us to increase our support for music education.
- Added alternative pieces for Grades 1-8 of the 2019 & 2020 syllabus.
Ratings and Reviews
Bad just Bad
This app is terrible and don’t listen to them when they say they have 5star rewiews that is because they only have 3! And sorry for my grammar.
- The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (Publishing) Limited
- 35.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2018 The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (Publishing) Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Grade 1 selection 2017 & 2018 $8.99
- Grade 3 selection 2017 & 2018 $8.99
- Grade 2 selection 2017 & 2018 $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.