Designed for musicians, Speedshifter Lite is a demo of Speedshifter, a practice tool that enables you to adjust the speed of any audio track without altering the pitch. It is perfect for musical, slow practice to a recorded accompaniment. Developed by ABRSM (the exam board of the Royal Schools of Music), it can be used with any compatible track in your music library* to help you learn new pieces.
This free lite version has all the functions of Speedshifter, but playback stops and has to be restarted after 60 seconds. It is useful for working on short passages of music, or to evaluate Speedshifter before downloading the full version.
Speedshifter Lite can also be used to:
- listen closely to tricky pieces you’re finding particularly hard to learn by slowing them down
- focus on specific sections using the loop function
- transpose a track up or down in semitones to fit with a preferred key or range
- set a reference tempo (BPM) by tapping in time with a track
- store tapped BPM and loop points automatically (once you’ve registered)
- sync BPM and loop settings seamlessly across devices once you’ve downloaded the free desktop version (www.abrsm.org/speedshifter)
- sound a tuning note – simply shake for an A!
* Important info
- Speedshifter Lite supports playback of MP3, M4A, AIFF and WAV files stored on your device. It cannot access files stored online in iTunes Match.
- Speedshifter Lite allows repeated playback of any track from any starting point for up to 60 seconds. It is a free demo version of Speedshifter. The full version of Speedshifter does not feature this restriction on playback time.
- Removed login requirements
- All users can now save custom BPM and loop points
Ratings and Reviews
Does exactly what it says. I love play along books with CDs and rip them to iTunes using my iMac. This way I can best choose my practice speed! ****NOTE: the song must be downloaded to your iPad/iPhone. It doesn't seem to work streamed from iCloud with iTunes Match. A full screen iPad version would be nice, please.
I HATE this app
I hate this app not because it is a bad idea it just forces us to by an app or settle for a sucky app that only lets you play one minute of music.
- The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (Publishing) Limited
- 10.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (Publishing) Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Speedshifter full version $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.