Take the role of an amnesiac student and probe the mysteries of an isolated private school—one favored by the local crime families at that! Will you solve the murders of your classmates and make good on your family debts?
"Academy of Disaster" is an interactive novel by Maxine Janerka where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based--200,000 words, without graphics or sound-effects--and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
• Enjoy a tale of murder and conspiracy set in a secluded boarding school.
• Choose how you investigate—are you a people person or a strategic thinker? There are many paths to a solution.
• Solve the murder of your classmate, fall in with the mob, and dig through your family’s shadowy past.
• Play as male or female, and enjoy a break from romance options.
Added support for iPhone X. If you enjoy playing "Academy of Disaster," please leave a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
I gave it a try...
I read this on a flight from London to Phoenix...it somehow made the 10 hour flight seem even longer. The story, suffering from excessive adjectives and monotony, is one long linear narrative with scarce input from the reader. When there was input, the options were so similar that their existence was perplexing. In multiple cases there was only one option present. The main character was Bella Swan's doppelgänger ...fumbling, bumbling, and I found it impossible to care about what happens. Normally I play through Choice stories several times since they pique my interest...this is not the case for this story.
More like a book than a choice game. And confusing. You don’t have a lot of choices. And those choices don’t seem to impact the story. I am going to try again with other choices and see if it changes the end. Okay tried again, changed my few choices ( including being a boy this time)- nothing changed...so the few choices you get have no impact on the story.
this was awful. It was mind numbingly boring and uninteresting.
- Hosted Games LLC
- 42.6 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2016 Maxine Janerka
- In-App Purchases
- Rest of the Game $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.