By Renaissance Learning, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Accelerated Reader (AR) is the most popular and successful reading product of all time.
WHAT IT DOES:
• Make essential reading practice more effective for every student.
• Personalize reading practice to each student’s current level.
• Manage all reading activities including read to, read with, and read independently.
• Assess students’ reading with four types of quizzes: Reading Practice, Vocabulary Practice, Literacy Skills, and Textbook Quizzes.
• Build a lifelong love of reading and learning.
• Advanced book search using title, author, or quiz number.
• Access to all your school's quizzes on your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
• Support for Recorded Voice Quizzes.
• TOPS Report viewing and printing. An iOS supported printer is required for printing.
• View scores for quizzes taken by students. Subject to restrictions set by the school.
• Track student reading progress and goals. Subject to restrictions set by the school.
• A "Try Demo" feature for users without an Accelerated Reader with Renaissance Place™ Real-Time subscription.
• This app is for SCHOOLS with a licensed Accelerated Reader subscription.
• This app is primarily for students to take Accelerated Reader Quizzes at school.
• This app is NOT intended for students to quiz at home.
• This app does not yet provide features for teachers.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUPPLY:
• This app requires that you have an existing account to an Accelerated Reader with Renaissance Place™ website hosted by Renaissance Learning, Inc.
• You will need to enter your school's Accelerated Reader with Renaissance Place™ web address (URL) in this app to connect.
Example web address: https://hosted123.renlearn.com/456789
If you don't have Accelerated Reader with Renaissance Place™ Real-Time, you can purchase AR for a one-time school fee plus a low annual subscription cost per student. Call (800) 338-4204 and let us put together a quote for your specific needs.
EXPLORE THE APP AT NO COST
Tap the "Try Demo" button after you download and launch the app to automatically connect to a sample school as "Emily Adams", a fictitious 3rd grade student we created for you to experience Accelerated Reader. With this demo, you can:
• Search our complete AR Quiz library.
• Take a sample Reading Practice Quiz.
• View a sample TOPS Report.
• Explore the Scores and Progress features with Emily's 3rd grade reading and quizzing results.
What's New in Version 1.4.1
Improved OS Support.
Minor bug fixes.
This diarrhea ruined the fun of reading
Reading is great. You can learn, no matter how old you are. You can read for laughs, for fun, to learn, to get a different point of view of things, and other reasons. But this.... this piece of crap ruins the fun. If you're a slow reader like me, you probably will not get to take a test before your time is up. You are forced to read in YOUR reading level. This piece of crap encourages kids to read what they do not want to read. If they love a series, and one book is below their level, they can forget reading!
I love that I can log in and monitor my child's AR level and goals. I really wish they had a scanner to scan ISBN codes so I didn't always have to type in titles to check everything! In general is allows me to see her goals and where she is, and that is exactly what I need! The rest would just make things easier, but isn't necessary :)
Only works for one student
I have two students that use Renaissance Learning and have usernames and passwords for both students but the app does not allow you have have more than one student listed. would be great to be able to have both students listed in the app rather than having to do a separate log-in for each student
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 06, 2014
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 13.3 MB
- Languages: English, Korean
- Seller: Renaissance Learning, Inc.
- © 2014 Renaissance Learning, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.