Access Mobile Database Client
By Glimpse I/O LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take your Microsoft Access databases with you on the go with the DataGlass Mobile Database Client for Access! Search, edit, and create records in your database using DataGlass on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Take an interactive tour of the app at: http://www.impathic.com/access
Microsoft Access is the most popular desktop database in the world, and now you can utilize the full power of Access from your mobile device! DataGlass is the only app that can read your MS Access database directly on your iPhone or iPad without any additional complex desktop or server software setup.
With DataGlass Access, users on the go can use their iPhone or iPad to perform tasks like:
• Present reports on the iPad during client meetings
• Track lab test results
• Add and edit research notes while out in the field
• Check in attendees onsite for an event
• Run sales reports while at a customer site
• Respond to hotel guest requests from anywhere on the property
• Run inventory checks from the warehouse floor
• Track shipping and receiving activities
From DBAs and IT professionals that need to run ad-hoc queries, to executives who need immediate access to their raw data, to analysts who need to build and execute sophisticated reports, to sales personnel who need to update their data on the go, DataGlass is the only app you will need to connect you directly to with the data that is the lifeblood of the modern enterprise.
• Compatible with Microsoft Access databases from versions 97, 2000, 2002 2007, and 2010
• An unlimited number of databases can be simultaneously managed by DataGlass
• Transfer databases from your desktop computer using iTunes file sharing, or by mailing your database to yourself as an attachment
• Export your raw data to Numbers, Mail, or CSV files for inclusion in external reports
• Print the results of your queries directly from your printer-enabled iOS device
• Build and execute sophisticated queries spanning multiple tables using the innovative Query Designer, or enter custom SQL
• Note that forms are not supported in this release
• Visit http://support.impathic.com to make feature suggestions or report problems
What's New in Version 6.0.3
• Bug fixes
• Full-screen mode on iPad
Well, there was a waste of $5
The implication in the various descriptions, both here and on their web site are that you will be able to sync this with the Access database on your desktop. I was really suspicious about the lack of detail, but finally pulled the trigger when I saw discussion in the reviews about accessing your databases from Dropbox. That would be fine, and I can visualize how that would work, so I bought it and only then discovered that the access via Dropbox is one way only. You can import an Access db from Dropbox, but it won't save any changes you make back to the original (without going through a manual iTunes sync export sort of deal). That is completely worthless. I don't need a viewer, I need to be able to update a field while away, then walk back to my desk and have the changes reflected there.
The only drawback is that we can't create new databases;however, that is a minor inconvenience compared to its ability to read all of my access databases. It even reads the databases I started 10 years ago, and it is a wonderful feeling to be able to take my information from the computer, modify or add information, then be able to transfer the database back to the computer without a single form, table,query, or function out of place. It is amazing and I have fallen in love with access all over again.
Old Version Great, New Version Flawed
I have been using this app for years now to access my database files on my phone and it has been a life saver. Unfortunately, when I downloaded the newest version a couple weeks ago I started getting glitches and sometimes I have to restart the app 2 or 3 times to get it to open porperly. Once open it still works great, just frustrating when I have to keep restarting it. I hope the company comes up with a fix for this problem.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 07, 2014
- Version: 6.0.3
- Size: 50.0 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Glimpse I/O LLC
- © 2010-2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.