By American Foundation for the Blind
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AccessNote is the official iOS notetaker from the American Foundation for the Blind.
AccessNote is the first notetaker for the iOS platform designed particularly for VoiceOver users looking for a highly efficient, feature-rich note taking experience. In addition to being a low cost alternative to traditional note takers, AccessNote will allow users to combine efficient note taking with the countless other features and functions of the iOS devices. This will allow blind and visually impaired people in classroom or business settings to use the same popular iOS devices that their sighted peers are using.
Some of the valuable features in AccessNote include:
- Keyboard commands customized for input with both QWERTY and refreshable braille display keyboards, not available in any other app.
- Two powerful search features for finding text globally across all notes and within a note.
- Cursor tracking that always keeps your place when you return to a note.
- Keystroke efficiency - Less keystrokes to get the job done.
- Fast and efficient navigation throughout a note by page, paragraph, line, word, character, and other elements.
For bug reports and feature requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 1.2
AccessNote Version 1.2 Release Notes
A new email address has been setup for AccessNote support. Please direct all comments and bug reports for AccessNote to email@example.com
- Updated for iOS 7
- The find function within a note has been completely overhauled. See the User Guide for details.
- All notes search now performs a search on the selected result.
- Added three finger swipe left and right gesture to quick switch notes
- It is now possible to completely disable the Device Tilt sensitivity.
- The About AccessNote screen now contains more information and it is rendered in HTML..
- AccessNote now saves notes when the app moves into the background
- It is now possible to disable the QWERTY and Braille keystrokes from the settings menu. The option is a switch button labeled "Keystrokes".
- Limited support for BRF files has been added. See the User Guide for details.
- Other minor bugs have been corrected.
See the full release notes in the User Guide.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 22, 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 3.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: American Foundation for the Blind
- © American Foundation for the Blind 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.