Accordance® is a fast and powerful Bible study app that lets you read, search, and explore the Bible.
• Read the Bible and follow along with a commentary or your own study notes
• Compare two Bible translations side by side that will scroll in sync with one another
• Follow a Bible reading plan
• Take notes and highlights that will sync with the desktop version of Accordance
• Search the Bible for words or verses
• Search the Bible using powerful tags and commands
• Search Greek and Hebrew Bibles (samples included) by lemma, inflected form, or root
• Press and hold when reading to bring up the magnifying glass, then select a word to view Instant Details (definition and/or parsing if available)
• Look up unfamiliar words in Bible dictionaries and lexicons
• Tap on hyperlinked verse references to view the full passage in the Instant Details popover
The following free resources are included in your initial download of Accordance:
• ESV Bible with Strong’s numbers (ESVi)
• World English Bible (WEB)
• Samples of the Greek New Testament and Hebrew Bible
• Easton’s Bible Dictionary
• Outlines of each book of the Bible
• Margin notes and cross-references
• Bible Lands PhotoGuide Sampler
• Kohlenberger/Mounce Concise Hebrew–Aramaic Dictionary
• Mounce Concise Greek-English Dictionary
If you register an Accordance account, you will also be able to download a free iOS Starter collection including:
• The 1901 American Standard Version (ASV)
• French: Louis Segond Bible
• German Elberfelder 1905
• German Lutherbibel 1912
• Greek and Hebrew Strong's Dictionaries
• Hitchcock's Dictionary of Bible Names
• Nave's Topical Bible
• Portuguese Bible: João Ferreira De Almeida Atualizada (ALMEIDA)
• Spanish 1909 Reina Valera with Strong's numbers
• Dr. J's Bible Study Methods
• Maps Sampler
• Timeline Sampler
• Chronological Readings
• Devotional Readings
• Classic Passages
• Parables & Miracles
If you would like to add more resources to your library, Accordance has an extensive collection of Bibles and study tools available for purchase. These materials range from Christian classics to Jewish publications to high-end reference works to the Dead Sea Scrolls in Hebrew. Whatever your Bible study needs may be, Accordance has you covered.
Questions or comments? Come join the discussion in our support forums at https://accordance.bible/forums/
Bible Study with Accordance v. 2.7.2 delivers a number of fixes, updates, and improvements, especially to Paper documents imported from Accordance on Windows and Mac.
Now there is much better support for selecting view options in Paper documents to display explanations, contents, endnotes, and bibliographical information. Tap on footnote or endnote indicators to see destination content in Instant Details. From there, choose to go to that content or amplify. External links in Paper documents can be displayed in Instant Details.
Other improvements to Paper documents include better handling of bibliographic hyperlinks to titles not present on the device. Ibid entries distinguish between page and paragraph numbers and properly support Unicode localization. Even better, Paper Display options now update immediately on iPads.
Besides the above improvements to Paper documents, there are updates to popovers on landscape iPhones and better handling of formatting for original languages in User Notes.
Ratings and Reviews
Not a Fan of App
First -- I'm not particularly happy that I'm basically forced into writing a review. The "Give Us a 5-Star Review" notification pops up every time I open the app. The only options are to either write a review or press the "maybe later" button. Turns out, the "maybe later" is every time I open the app. Not cool.
Second -- I would give this app 5 stars if it weren't for the fact that it locks up on the loading screen far too frequently (actually, even once would be too many times). I'm forced to delete the app, re-download it, and then pick through the many books, commentaries, etc. to download as well. I have found that the fewer items I select, the better chance I have of not needing to repeat the whole process. This is very frustrating, since I have purchased many, many resources over the years. Even when I download only a few items, the app may work well for a couple of weeks but then lock up again (without adding other items). Again, this is extremely frustrating -- especially in light of how much money I've paid over the years.
Theophilus7777, thank you for taking the time to write a review. First, I would like to encourage you to update to 2.6.2. The 'forced review' was actually a bug that was missed in testing, that we fixed as soon as possible. Second, we've fixed a few bugs related to lockup in the loading screen, so these may be fixed with the update. If they aren't, but you experience a lockup, go to your Device Settings app -> Accordance -> Remove Saved Session, to clear it up. This saves you from having to reinstall the app! I hope these suggestions work well for you, and that you reconsider your rating if they do! Thank you for using Accordance.
Good app, but too much scrolling
I gave the app three stars because it’s pretty solid overall. However, the text search feature is really tedious and frustrating given that there’s just SO MUCH SCROLLING with each search of a text. This really takes up a lot of time when trying to find several texts at once; for example, while listening to a sermon in church and being given two or three bible texts to reference. If, let’s say, I look up Rev 22:20...I tap the menu button, but then have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list of bible books because they don’t all show up on the screen at once. Then I have to scroll all the way down to the chapter 22, then the same thing for the verse. It would really help if when we tapped the menu button, all the books were shown on the same pop up menu with no scrolling needed. Same thing for chapters and verses.
Thank you for your review. You may find the Verse Chooser/Grid to be more to your liking and faster to use than the List. This can be selected in Accordance Settings/Text Display/Verse Chooser.
First let me say I download a free app from GTY and I get KJV, ESV, and NKJV for free. Go look at all the free or very inexpensive bible study tools you can download. I understand there is a premium price to pay and I am not coming months maiming about that but I expect a little bit better description and maybe a tour of your product if I am going to shell out from 99 to 300 bucks for a few more resources. Woo me a little bit more. I know you got your fans but please put a little more effort into it...this is not for your fans. At this point this is less about religion and more about investing and straight up businesses transactions. This is why I give it a one star. I know nothing about this app except I get the ESV which I can get for free just about anywhere else. So what does Accordance do for me? Heard a lot of good things about it from James White but I need a little bit more than this. Wet my appetite. I don’t have a MAC unless you started making Accordance for PC’s...this is it.
Dave, thank you for your feedback, and we are sorry your initial app experience wasn't as informative as you were hoping. We encourage you to spend some more time with the program to discover its powerful searching, interlinear, user notes, rich images, and more. In addition, don't forget Accordance has been available on Windows for years! https://accordance.bible/Accordance-For-Windows
- OakTree Software, Inc.
- 164.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 OakTree Software, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- NKJV tagged with Strong's numbers $19.99
- ESV Study Bible - add-on to ESV $39.99
- New Living Translation-Second Edition $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.