Accounted is a powerful accounting solution with many of the features seen in much more expensive accounting programs, but with the ease of use of a much smaller application. It has features such as double entry accounting, accounts receivable/payable, split transactions, and check printing included. But we also focused on the interface and user experience.
Accounted includes many small touches, such as the "totals ticker" that instantly shows several totals at the bottom of each account. You could easily, for example, view and compare the total income of a certain type for this month, last month, this fiscal quarter, this fiscal year and more without making any mouse clicks.
Hundreds of features, including:
- Account types: Bank, cash, credit card, income, expense, asset, liability, equity
- Split transactions
- Recurring transactions
- Accounts payable/Accounts receivable
- Check printing with customizable settings
- Multiple Currency support with automatic exchange rate updating
- Import from QIF, IIF, CSV, Paypal, or Address Book
- Reports: balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flows, expense, income, many more
- Several useful charts and graphs for income and expense data
- Taxable account settings
- Hundreds of settings and preferences
- Ability to sync directly with Studiometry, our project management and invoicing software
- Will now use today's date by default for transactions when using the Pay Bills button
- Will now use today's date by default in the New Payable Bill window
- Fixed issue with Edit > Copy not working properly in certain fields on Windows
Ratings and Reviews
I was hesitant, but fell for the fake good reviews. Wish i could get my money back, just buy quickbooks or similar this is useless.
8 hours wasted
First Impressions: Impressed
Haven't heard about Accounted until I saw it here in the app store. Because of their sale I figured i'd give it a whirl, and I'm not regretting that decision at all yet. It was easy enough to get my accounts set up, the interface is very straightforward and obvious. I obviously haven't had to actually *use* it for year-end reporting yet, but it does have a pretty extensive list of reports available -- and they all look how they're supposed to in testing. I've used it to import some transactions from my PayPal logs and that worked flawlessly. I contacted the developer with a question about the software and got a response about 15 minutes later. Either that was a fluke, or their support is a bit OCD. Either way, I'm fairly confident I'll be switching over full-time and using Accounted.
I used to use a series of Excel spreadsheets for my business accounting. I know, not very smart, but much better than paying hundreds of dollars for Quicken. I thought I'd check this application out. I've been using it to track my business finances for about 2 months now and I'm never going back to Excel spreadsheets again. I don't know how it compares to Quicken, but for the price, you can't beat it. It's easy to import your paypal transactions, which is most of my business income, and it's so easy to get used to. If you don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for your business software, this is an outstanding alternative.
5+ stars if you could choose a back-up location instead of relying on your standard software.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.