Accounts 2 Checkbook
By SVT Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured by Apple in "What's Hot" list
Accounts 2 is an easy to use application to replace your paper checkbook. With the Accounts 2 application, you will have a quicker and more convenient way to track your daily finances. You can schedule transactions, transfer funds, capture photo receipts, reconcile, view reports, export data, print, and much more. All features of the Accounts 2 app are designed to be quick, clean, intuitive, and easy to use.
* If you like this app, then please support us with a positive rating. Thank you!
* Touch ID Support
- Use Touch ID to authenticate and launch the app quicker and more conveniently.
* Sync Data via iCloud
- Sync your data across iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices
* Universal Binary
- Designed for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad devices. No need to buy separate apps for each device.
* Graphs and Reports
- Review your monthly income vs. expense, spending by category, or income by category summaries with beautiful graphs and reports.
* Photo Receipts
- Capture and store photo receipt as part of a transaction.
* AirPrint Support
- Print reports directly from your iPhone or iPad to any AirPrint-enabled printer.
* Recurring Transactions
- Schedule transactions to repeat weekly, biweekly, monthly, semimonthly, quarterly, biannually, or yearly on a start date that you choose.
* Split Transactions
- Split a transaction among several categories for more precise tracking.
- Quickly search for transactions and edit them from the same screen.
* Reconcile Transactions
- Reconcile by checking off cleared transactions and comparing the actual and outstanding balances against a bank statement. Accounts 2 now includes a running total for even easier reconciliation.
* Smart Autocomplete
- As you type, a list will show you your previously entered descriptions and corresponding category. Selecting an entry from the list will fill both fields of the transaction.
* Auto-increment Check # Field
- Accounts 2 will suggest the next check number for you based on the previously entered number. If you replace your checkbook, just enter the new starting number and Accounts 2 will auto-increment from there.
- Make a one-time transfer between accounts or set up recurring transfers to automatically repeat.
* Export in CSV, QIF & HTML Formats
- Export transactions via email attachments for used with desktop applications such Numbers, Excel, or MS Money.
* Customization Settings & Themes
- Configurable settings and themes to customize the Accounts 2 application based on your preferences.
* Transaction Sorting/Hiding
- Sort transactions by date in either ascending or descending order. You can also hide reconciled transactions to keep your current list from being cluttered.
* Accounts Reordering
- Reorder your accounts from the account list in any order you choose.
* Accounts Delete Lock
Prevents accidental deletion of all the transactions under an account.
* Backup / Restore
Backup your data for safekeeping via email, Dropbox, or iTunes file sharing interface. Then restore it to your device whenever you need to.
* Passcode Security
- Keep your accounts information private.
* FREE Accounts 2 Lite version
- Please download the Accounts 2 Lite version to try before you buy
What's New in Version 5.5
- Fix issue where updating a transfer at the destination account will cause the reconcile flag to be changed at the source account.
I have been patiently using a desktop application for the last 5-6 years (Checkbook Pro) which has been pretty good overall but they have never been able to get an iOS version off the ground. Despite repeated promises of an iOS counterpart, it has never materialized and I, like many users, are simply tired of waiting. After looking around and trying a number of checkbook apps they all seemed either too bloated with eye candy or were cumbersome to use. Then I found Accounts 2 and immediately loved it! It is simple to set up and use and syncs perfectly between my iPad Pro and iPhone. I really enjoy being able to quickly input expenses while on the move and not have to remember to sit down when I get back to my Mac to wrestle through all the day's receipts and risk missing something. This app works just as I would have designed it to if I had done it myself. The one thing I would really, REALLY like to see implemented is split screen support. This is critical when balancing accounts to be able to have one window open with your banking info and Accounts 2 open in the other pane to work with. If the developer can include this, I would give this app a perfect rating! Please add Split View ASAP!!!!
Very Smooth Set-up and Daily Entries
(I’m not associated w/ developer) (Review updated after 8 months using this app).
I switched to Accounts2 from an older, 2012 app that was no longer supported. (I hung on for a long time, but the older app finally crashed my phone). I am pleasantly surprised with Accounts2: the initial entering of accounts was smooth, corrections are simple, and my accounts are in order. The transition was easy, and I am able to keep up to the moment tabs on my spending. I do manual entry on everything I spend, so I can tell if I am close on a credit card or my bank account, but the app stores my "normal" entries so I just type a few letters, and it gives my a list of possibilities. I don't think it will link to my accounts like Mint, but I don't want it to, because I do most of my shopping on 2 or 3 days between paychecks, and any lag will have me spending more than I have (or at least more than I meant to spend.. I suspect that I will continue to use Accounts2 for a long time (as long as the developer supports it), because it is so easy to use day-to-day, so I don’t spend money I don’t really have. Nice Work!
Love this app!!
I've been using this app for years, and I LOVE it! There were a few hiccups in the early days (probably due more to operator error than anything else), but I have had absolutely no issues since. It has a clean and intuitive interface, so I never felt as though I needed a manual to figure out how to work the darn thing. It's so much simpler than the ole paper checkbook register, and since it does the math for you, is far less prone errors. Makes bill paying a snap, and since transactions can be reconciled with a quick click, it makes balancing the checkbook a 30-second job rather than a 3-hour slog — I log into my bank account once or twice a week, reconcile the transactions that have coated, and I'm done. Haven't accidentally overdrawn my account in 3+ years.
Can't recommend this highly enough. I've tried other similar apps, and they're either clunky, overly complicated, or too buggy for my taste.
PS: I'm averse to paying for "Pro" versions of apps, but in this case, it's worth the couple of bucks to upgrade to the full version. Money well-spent for the added functionality.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: May 13, 2015
- Version: 5.5
- Size: 6.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Steve Tran
- © 2014 SVT Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.