Top Selling Checkbook App
Featured by Apple in "What's Hot" List
Accounts 2 is an easy to use application to replace your paper checkbook. With the Accounts 2 application, you will have a quicker and more convenient way to track your daily finances. You can schedule transactions, transfer funds, capture photo receipts, reconcile, view reports, export data, print, and much more. All features of the Accounts 2 app are designed to be quick, clean, intuitive, and easy to use.
* If you like this app, then please support us with a positive rating. Thank you!
* Touch and Face ID Support
- Use Touch or Face ID to authenticate and launch the app quicker and more conveniently.
* Sync Data via iCloud
- Sync your data across iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices
* Universal Binary
- Designed for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad devices. No need to buy separate apps for each device.
* Graphs and Reports
- Review your monthly income vs. expense, spending by category, or income by category summaries with beautiful graphs and reports.
* Photo Receipts
- Capture and store photo receipt as part of a transaction.
* AirPrint Support
- Print reports directly from your iPhone or iPad to any AirPrint-enabled printer.
* Recurring Transactions
- Schedule transactions to repeat weekly, biweekly, monthly, semimonthly, quarterly, biannually, or yearly on a start date that you choose.
* Split Transactions
- Split a transaction among several categories for more precise tracking.
- Quickly search for transactions and edit them from the same screen.
* Reconcile Transactions
- Reconcile by checking off cleared transactions and comparing the actual and outstanding balances against a bank statement. Accounts 2 now includes a running total for even easier reconciliation.
* Smart Autocomplete
- As you type, a list will show you your previously entered descriptions and corresponding category. Selecting an entry from the list will fill both fields of the transaction.
* Auto-increment Check # Field
- Accounts 2 will suggest the next check number for you based on the previously entered number. If you replace your checkbook, just enter the new starting number and Accounts 2 will auto-increment from there.
- Make a one-time transfer between accounts or set up recurring transfers to automatically repeat.
* Export in CSV, QIF & HTML Formats
- Export transactions via email attachments for used with desktop applications such Numbers, Excel, or MS Money.
* Customization Settings & Themes
- Configurable settings and themes to customize the Accounts 2 application based on your preferences.
* Transaction Sorting/Hiding
- Sort transactions by date in either ascending or descending order. You can also hide reconciled transactions to keep your current list from being cluttered.
* Accounts Reordering
- Reorder your accounts from the account list in any order you choose.
* Accounts Delete Lock
Prevents accidental deletion of all the transactions under an account.
* Backup / Restore
Backup your data for safekeeping via email, Dropbox, or iTunes file sharing interface. Then restore it to your device whenever you need to.
* Passcode Security
- Keep your accounts information private.
* FREE Accounts 2 Lite version
- Please download the Accounts 2 Lite version to try before you buy.
- iOS 12 Optimizations
- UI improvements and minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Best of several I tested
I tried several of the other similar apps and eventually settled on the original “Accounts”. I had compared it with the others and found it to be the most useful. Then switched to “Accounts 2” when it became available.
It’s easy to list several active “accounts”. You can track bank accounts as well as ongoing expenses for such things as auto, home, donations, loans etc. Also track income and expenses with convenient reports generated graphically for any or all accounts. It is easy to track both categories month to month. A “recurring” feature allows you to easily enter and track income and expenses. You set each according to your needs: monthly, 3 months, 6 months, yearly etc. You simply choose the income or expense, the dollar amount and finally the date of entry. The app automatically enters it in the correct account. You can set up “recurring” to help you keep track of when a bill is due. You enter your monthly bills under “monthly” and for each one you can identify a payment amount and due date. Each bill automatically appears in the correct account, in my case it’s one of my checking “accounts”. You can use a date prior to the due date. Then when that bill appears under the “account” you know it’s time to pay it. Simply allow sufficient time for it to be received “on time”.
Very Smooth Set-up and Daily Entries
(I’m not associated w/ developer) (Review updated after 11 months using this app).
I switched to Accounts2 from an older, 2012 app that was no longer supported. (I hung on for a long time, but the older app finally crashed my phone). I am pleasantly surprised with Accounts2: the initial entering of accounts is smooth, corrections are simple, and my accounts are in order. The transition was easy, and I am able to keep up to the moment tabs on my spending. I do manual entry on everything I spend, so I can tell if I am close on a credit card or my bank account, but the app stores my "normal" entries so I just type a few letters, and it gives my a list of possibilities. I don't think it will link to my accounts like Mint, but I don't want it to, because I do most of my shopping on 2 or 3 days between paychecks, and any lag will have me spending more than I have (or at least more than I meant to spend.. I suspect that I will continue to use Accounts2 for a long time (as long as the developer supports it), because it is so easy to use day-to-day, so I don’t spend money I don’t really have. Nice Work!
SAVED OUR BACON!
With two of us using debit cards on our joint account, as well as having all our bills automatically paid electronically, and online shopping, it was becoming a harrowing experience (not to mention how much time it took) for us on checkbook-balancing day. But with conscientious use of this app, religious collection of receipts deposited in only one location immediately upon returning home, and only a few minutes to compare the app with a printout of our bank’s recorded transactions twice a week, we no longer have to worry about having “enough left in the account” to pay a forgotten annual bill!
This app allows us to monitor transactions in a savings account, our joint checking account, and a bill-paying account. All I have to do is make sure I manually record every transaction in the app, just like I would a paper checkbook register, but I DON’T HAVE TO DO THE MATH!!!🥰 I can add & subtract alright, but don’t expect me to even say 2 + 2 = 4 if I’m trying to find the source of a discrepancy!
I am so pleased with this app! Did I mention how affordable it is? FREE! So, THANK YOU to the developers! Please,
- Steve Tran
- 10.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 SVT Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.