Accounts - Checkbook
By SVT Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
✥ ✥ Accounts 2 - the successor to the top selling Accounts app is now available in the App Store!
If you are considering purchasing this Accounts app, then please search for the Accounts 2 app and purchase it instead. The Accounts 2 app includes all the features of this app plus additional new features and enhancements such as iCloud sync.
Accounts is an easy to use application to replace your paper checkbook.
✥ Optimized for Multitasking and Retina Display
- Supports fast app switching and higher resolution Retina display.
✥ Universal Binary
- Designed for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad devices. No need to buy separate apps for each device.
✥ Graphs and Reports
- Review your monthly income vs. expense, spending by category, or income by category summaries and details with beautiful graphs and reports.
✥ Photo Receipts
- Capture and store photo receipt as part of a transaction.
- Quickly search for transactions and edit them from the same screen.
✥ Transaction Sharing Between iPhones
- Stay in sync by sending your transaction to your partner. Your partner can then post the transaction to Accounts by simply clicking on the email link and saving the transaction.
✥ Recurring Transactions
- Schedule transactions to repeat weekly, biweekly, monthly, semimonthly, quarterly, biannually, or yearly on a start date that you choose.
✥ Repeating Payee List
- Create a list of repeating payees for quick selection to avoid retyping the transaction detail over and over again.
✥ Reconcile Transactions
- Reconcile by checking off cleared transactions and comparing the actual and outstanding balances against a bank statement. Accounts now includes a running total for even easier reconciliation.
✥ Split Transactions
- Split a transaction among several categories for more precise tracking.
- Make a one-time transfer between accounts or set up recurring transfers to automatically repeat on the cycle you choose.
✥ Multiple Accounts
- Track as many accounts as you need.
✥ Passcode Security
- Keep your accounts information private.
✥ Export in CSV & QIF Formats
- Export transactions via email attachments for used with desktop applications such Numbers, Excel, or MS Money.
✥ Description, Category, Memo, and Check # Fields
- All the necessary fields to track your transactions.
✥ Smart Autocomplete
- As you type, a list will show you your previously entered descriptions and corresponding category. Selecting an entry from the list will fill both fields of the transaction.
✥ Auto-increment Check # Field
- Accounts will suggest the next check number for you based on the previously entered number. If you replace your checkbook, just enter the new starting number and Accounts will auto-increment from there.
✥ Customization Settings & Themes
- Configurable settings and themes to customize the Accounts application based on your preferences.
✥ Transaction Sorting/Hiding
- Sort transactions by date in either ascending or descending order. You can also hide reconciled transactions to keep your current list from being cluttered.
✥ Accounts Reordering
- Reorder the accounts from the account list in any order you choose.
✥ Accounts Delete Lock
Prevents accidental deletion of all the transactions under an account.
✥ Backup / Restore
Backup your data to your computer for safekeeping. Then restore it to your iOS device when you need to via the iTunes file sharing interface.
✥ Clean, Intuitive User Interface.
✥ FREE Accounts Lite version
- Not convinced if Accounts is right for you? Please download the Accounts Lite version and see for yourself.
What's New in Version 4.4
- Bug fixes relating to the Recurring Entry and Export screens.
✥ ✥ Please upgrade to the Accounts 2 app for advanced features:
* Built in calculator for amount fields.
* iCloud sync
* Retina display support for both iPad and iPhone devices
* Wireless backup and restore
* AirPrint support
* Trend report
No app support???
I have been using this app for years & I mostly like it except for the fact that once you enter a payee, it's in there forever! I've tried to find any way to contact the developers - but other than a very basic site with a handful of FAQ's, and a fb page that hasn't been touched in over a year (almost looks fake!), there's NO WAY TO GET ANY SUPPORT!
All I want is a way to delete previous payees from the history. For example, say you're visiting a random shop on vacation called McDowel's and you enter your souvenir purchase into the app - you'll never be there again, let alone purchase anything from them... But now every time you go to enter your lunch purchase from McDonald's, the McDowel's option shows up. It may sound minor, but imagine if you kept a list of every single place you'd ever purchased anything from or written a check to - eventually it makes it difficult to scroll through ALL those options to get to the one you want! It defeats the purpose of keeping a history of your previous entries for your convenience/ease of use if you can't get rid of any entries!
This app hasn't been updated in nearly a year & with no way to even ask someone about any potential updates to come, it might be time to look elsewhere!
Exactly the features I want, no analytic clutter
I wasn't looking for an app to sync with my computer or help track my overall monthly budget (although Accounts can do some of that). I just needed an app to keep my checkbook, give myself a monthly budget for groceries, gas, restaurants, and a couple credit cards. This one was the clear winner for me after trying at least a dozen others.
My only beef: There doesn't seem to be a way to delete old transactions and have the replaced by a balance forward — the upshot of which is that if you need to find a reconciled transaction from a week ago, when you select "Show Reconciled Transactions" you get EVERY TRANSACTION you've ever entered, and have to scroll through months (or in my case, YEARS) of previous transactions to get to the newest ones (the ones you want).
Make it possible to delete old transactions and create a balance-forward from them, and Accounts would be perfect (for me anyway).
Best Banking App by Far
I tried several banking apps. None are as flexible and all inclusive as "Accounts". I keep track of not only checking, savings and credit card accounts but have created accounts to track auto expenses and many more.
Three reports are automatically kept up-to-date and cover multi-years. Report categories include "iIcome vs Expenses" as well as "Spending"and "Income". Amounts and Pct are shown.
I set up "recurring" payments and can tell at a glance when a bill is due. I then pay the bill and it is automatically deducted from the account I choose. The best part is that the SAME payee remains with a NEW due date (i.e. next month, same date) and SAME payment amount shown!
If the next payment will not be exactly the same, then I can set the payment to be zero or estimate it. The key is that my upcoming bills are always listed under "Recurring". Time frames for payments can be set in numbers of weeks, months or a year such as one of my insurance payments. The entire list is always available at a glance and can be altered.
There is a "Search" function allowing me to find a payment, deposit etc. There are also several "Settings" available including a "Passcode Lock".
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Sep 20, 2012
- Version: 4.4
- Size: 2.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Steve Tran
- © 2012 SVT Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.