AccuWeather - Weather for Life for iPad
By AccuWeather, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AccuWeather for iPad brings you the most accurate and personalized local weather details available.
This app delivers hourly and long-range forecasts, interactive Apple Maps, and pushed severe weather alerts. Plus, the app lets you translate everything into multiple languages, choose from different display themes, and share weather info through social media. Our users tell us it is “interactive and user-friendly” and “one of the best apps out there.”
With AccuWeather for iPad, you get:
• Severe weather notices, including optional, real-time pushed severe weather alerts for your home locations in the United States. The pushed severe weather alerts are user-friendly and easy-to-read, and visible from your lock screen, home screen, and from the notification center.
• For home locations outside of the United States, when AccuWeather forecasts severe snow, ice, rain, wind, or thunderstorm probability, you will see an orange exclamation point displayed within the location’s current and 15-day forecast screens.
• Advanced Hurricane Center that lets you track the latest storms.
• Complete iCloud synchronization of locations and settings between multiple devices and the AccuWeather for iPhone app.
• Exclusive Lifestyle Forecasts that show how current conditions affect specific health risks or even your favorite outdoor activities.
• Current weather conditions constantly updated with the very latest relative humidity, visibility, UV index, wind speed/gusts and direction, and AccuWeather’s patented RealFeel Temperature® that analyzes multiple weather conditions to determine how the local temperature actually feels.
• Radar for all of North America and worldwide satellite overlaying interactive Apple Maps. Pin some or all of your contacts to the radar map to see the current weather conditions in their location.
• Current news and weather videos, with many available in both English and Spanish.
You will also get:
• Hourly and 15-day forecasts for 2.7 million locations.
• Social media sharing using the social media apps you installed on your device.
• Simple menus that show the current temperature for your favorite locations.
• Ability to store multiple locations.
• Customizable design themes.
• Choice between metric or imperial units, and advanced settings such as a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
Get the accurate weather info you need! Download AccuWeather for iPad today.
What's New in Version 2.1.4
Thanks for all the great feedback! We’ve continued our focus on stability for this update.
Like The App, Not The Data Mining.
This seems to me to be a great weather utility of an app. The interface seems clear and concise and not bogged down like some similar weather applications that I have used previously.
I know for a fact that this app would function just the same without these invasions into user's personal data. It is simply another great example of unneeded data mining. Anyone with a brain and having the knowledge of what the NSA does with these types of data mined information. Well, if that does not make you uneasy, then I think you are either apathetic, stupid or naive.
Love the 15 day forecast.
This is the most aesthetic and long-range and most fun weather application out there. It gives many choices and technical support if there is an issue is fast and professional.
I've had it for several months but keep discovering new ways to use it and new ways to get information. Having a 15 day weather forecast is a lot of fun even though one knows that the 14th and 15 days might not be dead on accurate. It would be great to be able to set individual cities for Fahrenheit or Celsius. For example to get the New York City temperature in Fahrenheit but the Brussels, Belgium temperature in centigrade.
I believe there is an upgrade coming as well as perhaps a pro version without advertising. All is welcome get this app you'll love it.
CONTINUES TO BE THE BEST WEATHER APP OUT THERE ! Love it even at -20F in Wisconsin!!!
I work outdoors. A lot of my equipment I work on, does not need to be opened while in inclemate weather. I like the feature sliding the time of day for my area, to see when might be the best times of the day to open specific equipment to perform preventive maintenance on it. This app helps me plan my daily PMs, around the predicted rain cycles. Sometimes this app is off, but for the most part, quite accurate. I've used many different versions of this app over the years. Every time my job replaces our shop computer, or changes the PC's version of OS, this app is a must have to put back on the desktop. Using it on my iPad has now become an important decision on whether or not to bring my umbrella.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jan 30, 2014
- Version: 2.1.4
- Size: 85.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Steven Mesko
- © 2014 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.