AccuGo was designed to ease the day to day management of the PKU diet by providing a quick and easy way to track foods eaten. After my son was born and diagnosed with Classical PKU, I wanted to improve our speed and accuracy with calculating the daily food intake.
Phenylketonuria (PKU) is a genetic disorder in which the body can't process part of a protein called phenylalanine (phe).
This app is part of our journey with PKU, come join the journey with us!
- track Phenylalanine or Protein by changing mode in Options
- online synchronization of food records between multiple devices
- track up to four different individuals
- continues to work offline, anywhere regardless of wifi or cellular availability
- overview of day's running total of phe, exchanges and calories at a glance
- groups foods eaten together by selectable time periods (15mins, 1 hour, etc)
- copy/move/delete entries with ease
- built in calendar for easy navigation
- jump to the past to see historical entries
- historical graph shows totals over the past month
- jump to the future to plan menus in advance
- supports inline math calculations (eg. 1/3 + 1/8)
- round values up or down with a simple swipe
- automatic real-time calculation of quantity/phe/exchanges/calories as you type
- includes pre-loaded & searchable hand-picked USDA-based food items
- add your own foods and values to the database
- Community Food List provides shared items you can add to your personal food list, or share yours with the community
- track 10mg, 15mg, 20mg, 25mg or 50mg exchanges
- email daily food records by date range, includes summary of average over the range
- fixed issue with "Meals and Snacks" time grouping
- added new "Phenylalanine, Protein, Calories" tracking mode
Ratings and Reviews
Great App! Use it Every Day!
I would highly recommend this AccuGo app to anyone with PKU or other dietary needs. My wife and I have been using it daily since April 2014, and find it very helpful to help manage and keep track of our son’s PKU diet. We both purchased the app for our iPhones and use her email account for the login so that we can sync the data between our phones. It is so helpful to have this tool with us at all times to keep his diet records and to look up food items and their PHE and calorie content. It also has great export features for emailing the data and history so that we can have a record to share with his dietician.
Ever since finding out my daughter has PKU, I've struggled to find a convenient and accurate way to keep track of her diet. This app is perfect for us! I love that I can add whatever foods I want and then they're available for me without having to cart around the low protein food list. It took a little getting used to how to edit each record but once I got the hang of it I realized its so easy! I'm so grateful for tools like this that make managing a PKU diet easier. It saves me a ton of math, which sometimes I would even mess up before. And I can email the records right to our dietitian. I cant say how much I love this app!
Intuitive, useful design
This is the first PKU app that we have had success with. We use it to track (obviously) but it's also a quick easy reference for on the go. It's really easy to add custom foods, such as homemade foods and unique mixes. One of the best qualities is the ability to record foods by different units (e.g. Grams, ounces, units, pkgs. etc.). Also lets you automatically transfer logs between devices. Makes life super easy. Thanks developers.
- Jeremy Cross
- 17.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Jeremy Cross
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.