AccuWeather - Superior Accuracy
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Stay connected to the latest in weather forecasting with AccuWeather – Weather for Life. This free, award winning weather app now includes crowdsourcing with AccUcast™ and features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, available for more countries and for more minutes than any other minute-by-minute precipitation forecast. Supporting Apple Watch™, this app offers the same world-class, synchronized app experience across all your iOS devices.
• AccUcast™ – Become part of the forecast by sharing your weather observations to help people in your community stay safe from hazardous weather and road conditions. View the real-time crowdsourced map with weather conditions submitted by users all over the world in a global animation display.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Apple Watch Support – featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, and severe weather alerts. When there is a severe weather alert for your favorite location, you will be notified by a tap sensation from the Watch and a low audible sound. Current conditions details include location, temperature and high and low for the day, wind speed, times for sunrise or sunset, and RealFeel Temperature® – AccuWeather’s proprietary forecast that shows the user how the temperature actually feels outside to a person in that exact location.
• Option to automatically download the app to all of your iOS devices.
• Widgets available so you can see a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 15 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Top-Trending weather videos from AccuWeather's Video Wall.
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – every location on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Option to select persistent GPS tracking to get your current weather data as quickly as possible. (Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.)
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting across your iOS devices.
What's New in Version 10.6
Release 10.6 includes a number of exciting new features including a redesigned home screen and Today widget, an innovative index that shows Zika risk from mosquitos, as well as a number of other additions.
In this version, we present our newly redesigned home screen with easy-to-find forecasts and the weather details you’ve been asking for. Now you will find all of the features you depend on plus quick access to detailed weather conditions, MinuteCast, radar and hourly and today forecasts on the home screen. Personalize your home screen by choosing the current details that are important to you by tapping the current details section and, in the resulting screen, reordering the list. Swipe back to the home screen to see your favorite current conditions displayed.
We have also included a refresh of our Today widget with quick access to current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts, and radar in addition to the handy minute-by-minute MinuteCast precipitation forecast.
This release also includes our innovative new Mosquito Zika Risk index which can be accessed via our map layers. It is designed to provide you with an easy way to view the likelihood of mosquitos that could carry the Zika virus at a particular contiguous U.S. location. Risk level (very low, low, medium, high) is generated by evaluating the historical habitat for the mosquito species most likely linked with Zika, and the latest scientific research on how weather affects mosquitos, and combining it with the AccuWeather Day-By-Day 90-Day Forecast. Access to this innovative index will benefit users by receiving new real-time insights they can use to make informed decisions keeping themselves, and their families, safe.
Another frequently received request is for extended Allergy forecasts, and we are excited to share that we now are offering seven days worth of Allergy forecast for all allergens. Simply swipe up on the home screen and scroll to Allergies, tap anywhere in the module to access the new forecast. Swipe through allergens to see the forecast for the next seven days.
In maps, when accessing the Watches and Warnings overlay, we have added the ability to quickly view all alerts for locations that may have multiple advisories. Swipe through the alerts in the bottom drawer on the map and tap to see more details.
As always, this release includes performance enhancements and bug fixes.
Enjoyed this App for a few years & find it much better than any other weather app. The video section could be greatly improved with the most current weather that shows time, as well as the day recorded, and more about the weather as well. Many current Worldwide weather events as well as the USA Weather. It also has repetition of the same videos after showing it the first time, when it could be a similar video from the same weather event but from a different point of view, scenery, and source. Whom ever sets these up could do a much better job just by searching the internet as so many people report their whereabouts and how the weather is affecting them in their area. It would be a better radar section if it would include a World Radar section that would be continuous to see how the weather affects each different section of the World.
Finally! This is a great app again!
7 Sep 2017 - I just downloaded the latest version and it's perfect again!! It's been years since it was a 5-star app. But it is now!
I just upgraded this from 1 to 2 stars. It is improved, but still horribly cluttered. It shouldn't take so much effort and scrolling just to find out what the high and low are for the day.
I just lowered this from 3 stars to 1 (and I used to give it 5)! The advertising is VERY intrusive! VERY! Especially with all the design issues (over-crowding, small font, layout).
I decided that it might be worthwhile to pay to remove the ads -- that costs $2.99! I would pay 99¢ or maybe even $1.99 -- like other apps -- but $2.99? No way! Not for the cluttered piece of junk this has become. Which is sad to say about an app that I so strongly used to recommend to everyone…
This used to be a great app -- 5 stars from me. BUT… the newest version on the iPhone adds so much stuff but the developers didn't know where to put it all!!
It's so cluttered now. The user interface is clumsy, inefficient, and less intuitive.
The fonts aren't great, the colors detract rather than add, legends and labels on graphs are way too small.
It's far more effort now to figure out what the forecast is for a couple evenings from now, for example.
A big step backwards…
Great app, but with a huge radar limitation
Edited - I still like this app a lot, but they really need to do something about the radar map. It is horrible! Every time I tap on radar, I get "loading, loading, loading". And I am on Verizon with five bars. What good is a Weather+ app if the radar does not work?
I've tried all the top weather apps available here and while I personally think AccuWeather could be thevery best of them all, it has a major problem with the radar map. In all the other apps I've tried, you can pinch/zoom the distance so the radar map covers an area that the user wants to view (not the developer). With AccuWeather, the minimum distance you can view on the radar map covers from the top of Tennessee to the bottom (in my case), which is about 140 miles and not nearly sufficient to see when rain is starting or stopping at my location. Not sure why they did this, but if it's stopping me from purchasing the in-app Premium version, I'll bet it's stopping others as well. Fix this, AccuWeather, and I'll change my review to five stars and pay for the Platinum version.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 21, 2017
- Version: 10.6
- Size: 183 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2017 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Platinum RestoreFree
- Remove Ads$3.99