AccuWeather - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest in weather forecasting with AccuWeather – Weather for Life. This free, award winning weather app now includes crowdsourcing with AccUcast™ and features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, available for more countries and for more minutes than any other minute-by-minute precipitation forecast. Supporting Apple Watch™, this app offers the same world-class, synchronized app experience across all your iOS devices.
• AccUcast™ – Become part of the forecast by sharing your weather observations to help people in your community stay safe from hazardous weather and road conditions. View the real-time crowdsourced map with weather conditions submitted by users all over the world in a global animation display.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Apple Watch Support – featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, and severe weather alerts. When there is a severe weather alert for your favorite location, you will be notified by a tap sensation from the Watch and a low audible sound. Current conditions details include location, temperature and high and low for the day, wind speed, times for sunrise or sunset, and RealFeel Temperature® – AccuWeather’s proprietary forecast that shows the user how the temperature actually feels outside to a person in that exact location.
• Option to automatically download the app to all of your iOS devices.
• Widgets available so you can see a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 15 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Top-Trending weather videos from AccuWeather's Video Wall.
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – every location on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting across your iOS devices.
What's New in Version 9.0
New in Version 9:
• We have completely overhauled our interface based on the feedback we have received from our users. Our fresh new design has clean lines, colors, and modern icons, making the digital experience more appealing, intuitive, and easier to read than ever before.
• Instant access to AccuWeather’s top-trending weather video content.
• Persistent navigation that provides easy access to features such as:
• Redesigned Location Management where you can add, remove, and organize your favorite locations.
• Swipe left to quickly access forecasts from your saved locations.
• Option to allow for always on GPS tracking for faster loading and immediate access to your current locations weather conditions.
• Day and Night weather details are now available within the “Daily Forecast” and “Looking Ahead” sections.
Accuweather is a pretty good APP.
I use three weather APPs because no APPs ever agree on the forecast or the temperature. Weather UG always tries to assign me to a station that is across town and consistently hotter than here. I like the 25 day forecast and I have seen the "rain will start in .... minutes" be correct right down to the minute. I like that! I'm thinking that I need to invest in a station and be an active part of the team.
All things considered, I like Accuweather a lot and would not be without it. I also use RadarCast. But for me the radar map in AW and WUG are both as good. I use them all and get a good idea of the weather and forecast. Good job, I'm happy!!
UPDATE: the newest update is weird. I'm not sure I like it. I am VERY MUCH sure I do not like the "Video" section that comes before the daily forecast. It is useless and actually had some kind of UFO story today. In sure there will be " global warming" videos too 🙄 "oh my"! Please, spare me, just give me the weather please. I WILL drop Accuweather if you annoy me too much. I don't need your politics.
Edit: the news propaganda videos still suq!! I paid for this APP and I'll have just weather, if you please. If I want propaganda with my weather I'll use The Weather Channel (which I do not use for the same reason). Remove the videos from my APP!!!
New Layout Nice - But Why Clutter It With Irrelevant Videos??
I love the updated layout with the exception of one thing, which I hate almost enough to make me abandon this app: the idiotic addition of VIDEOS ?!?!?!
What genius decided that what users really need is a bunch of irrelevant videos that they are forced to see AHEAD of the weather data they purchased the app for? I live in Santa Barbara California. When I open my weather app, I shouldn't have to scroll past videos of "Stunning Northen Lights in Minnesota" and "Street Cave In in Mississippi" to get to the local weather data that I want to see and that I actually care about. On top of that, you can't turn these pointless videos off or even relocate then to the bottom of the screen. You HAVE to see them. Stupid, and it uses data.
Please remove this dumb, ill conceived "feature" or for the love of God at least give users a way to at least choose whether they want to see it or not.
Up to the minute forecast very helpful
Last night I was inside listening to the wind and thought it sounded like something was blowing in, so I decided to check AccuWeather. It told me that rain would start at my location in three minutes and that there would be a thunderstorm. Based on this, I was able to get my cats inside before it started. Sure enough, within a few minutes it was spitting rain. I checked again, and AccuWeather told me how long the rain would last. Try getting that level of accuracy from the local weather report!! This is just a sampling of the rich and accurate data this app has to offer. I've used other weather apps and while helpful, they didn't come close to AccuWeather. Hats off to the developers.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Nov 09, 2015
- Version: 9.0
- Size: 92.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2015 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99