AccuWeather - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest forecast with AccuWeather – Weather for Life. This free, award winning weather app features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, the leading minute-by-minute precipitation forecast that is hyper-localized to your exact street address. Now supporting iOS 8, this app offers the same world-class, synchronized app experience across your iOS devices.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Option to automatically download the app to all of your iOS devices.
• Widgets now available! See a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 15 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Easy swiping between screens for your weather details – no need to navigate to app menus.
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – any longitude/latitude on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app in blue for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting across your iOS devices.
What's New in Version 8.1.2
In version 8.1.2
• Updated daily forecast layout to improve weather content presentation
• Enhanced stability and minor fixes to strengthen app experience
Please take a moment to provide a review. Your feedback is appreciated!
One of the Best Overall Weather Apps
Working as a field biologist and wildland fire fighter in the past, I’ve depended on good weather forecasts. Forecasts have to be accurate for remote towns, not just give you weather for the nearest airport, as many weather apps do. Such apps can be very misleading if the airport is in a valley and you need weather for a mountain town nearby. AccuWeather has many small towns and it also provides animated precipitation maps and National Weather Service weather alerts so you’ll know about approaching storms, flooding, high winds, etc. The app is customizable, allowing you to see a number of days ahead and rearrange the order of components. Besides providing you the numbers, you can also see graphs of temperature, precipitation, and “Real feel” which takes into account things like wind chill. Lastly, AccuWeather now provides the hyper-localized near-term precipitation forecast, a feature made popular by the Dark Sky App. This developer has a had a few bugs in the past, but they are pretty quick to update things and they keep improving the design and performance. My only grievance is it’s hard to use if you don’t have reception but want to look at weather info you got 20 minutes ago, and it’s a little slow to launch. At $3.99, this app is a bargain for anyone who works or plays outside.
Incredibly Accurate and Visually "Immediate"
This app has become vital to my daily and weekly planning. I have tried every weather app. This is the only one that is clear, easily scannable and ACCURATE. Background showing rainy, clear, sunny, snowy conditions is more realistic than other apps' attempt at this feature. Same handy, timely weather advisories and notices as National Weather Service. Precipitation dial around current temp showing you when rain or snow starts and how long it will last=GENIUS. Don't walk the dog now! Walk him when "rain ends in 17 minutes." Hourly weather gives you all the details you need, but with an interface that's not an eyesore like other apps. Forecast shows many days out, and is also accurate. AccuWeather, I love you.
Nothing but love for this app!
I can't think of anything I don't like about this app. Saw a few negative reviews and not sure what they're complaining about. The graphics are soothing. The scrolling feature is nice. I love having the ability to add multiple locations, an actual and "real feel" temp, modify the number of days for daily forecast, and the rise and set of the sun and moon. I'm really particular about Doppler maps which is one reason I chose this app with it's ability to enlarge, interact, and view past cloud/storm movement. Ok, so maybe future cloud movement would be a great added feature but for a free app, I'm not complaining.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Mar 31, 2015
- Version: 8.1.2
- Size: 64.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2015 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99