AccuWeather - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest forecast with AccuWeather – Weather for Life. This free, award winning weather app features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, the leading minute-by-minute precipitation forecast that is hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Now supporting Apple Watch™, this app offers the same world-class, synchronized app experience across your iOS devices.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Apple Watch Support – featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, and severe weather alerts. When there is a severe weather alert for your favorite location, you will be notified by a tap sensation from the Watch and a low audible sound. Current conditions details include location, temperature and high and low for the day, wind speed, times for sunrise or sunset, and RealFeel Temperature® – AccuWeather’s proprietary forecast that shows the user how the temperature actually feels outside to a person in that exact location.
• Option to automatically download the app to all of your iOS devices.
• Widgets now available! See a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 15 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Easy swiping between screens for your weather details – no need to navigate to app menus.
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – every location on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app in blue for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting across your iOS devices.
What's New in Version 8.2.0
In version 8.2.0
• NEW! Apple Watch support - featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, severe weather alerts and more!
• Plus - UI enhancements and fixes to improve usability on your iPhones and iPads
Good enough for pilots, who use it among other tools, and turned me on to the old web version before apps. I use it to run and ride between storms when I have to if that is accurate. I suggest learning how to interpret barometric pressure, humidity and cloud coverage, as well as to frequently check the multiple radars on the web version for the best accuracy. Predictions cover vast areas on any app, but this one is constantly updated with accurate info.
Best 'General' Weather App
I've always enjoyed tracking weather data and AccuWeather is, in my opinion, the best app for getting the general overall idea of current conditions. Even though it does not offer a specific focus (ie outdoor activities, fishing, water sports, etc) it does pack a good amount of data regarding current and future conditions. Also the updates released for the app have proven to show dependable and consistent progress.
It's a weather app...
And it too, gets the weather wrong. What else is there to say about a weather app? Is it anymore accurate than the weatherman? I'm not quite sure, possibly? How do you rate a weather app? It's decent. I don't have many other weather apps with which to compare, but it's generally good. Is it perfect? No. But it's the weather. Would I recommend this particular weather app? I suppose.
I mean really what is there to say? It tells me the weather, it does as I need it to.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 20, 2015
- Version: 8.2.0
- Size: 79.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2015 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99