AccuWeather Platinum - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest forecast with AccuWeather – Weather for Life. This award winning weather app features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, the leading minute-by-minute precipitation forecast that is hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location – all without any advertising! Now supporting Apple Watch™, this app offers the same world-class, synchronized app experience across your iOS devices.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Apple Watch Support – featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, and severe weather alerts. When there is a severe weather alert for your favorite location, you will be notified by a tap sensation from the Watch and a low audible sound. Current conditions details include location, temperature and high and low for the day, wind speed, times for sunrise or sunset, and RealFeel Temperature® – AccuWeather’s proprietary forecast that shows the user how the temperature actually feels outside to a person in that exact location.
• Option to automatically download the app to all of your iOS devices.
• Widgets now available! See a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 25 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Easy swiping between screens for your weather details – no need to navigate to app menus.
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – every location on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app in blue for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for a one-time fee of $3.99 and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting without any advertising across your iOS devices.
What's New in Version 8.2.0
In version 8.2.0
• NEW! Apple Watch support - featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, severe weather alerts and more!
• Plus - UI enhancements and fixes to improve usability on your iPhones and iPads
Frequent updates are great!
Im so happy to see the bugs I ran into have been addressed in this update. Great work! One of the main reasons I love this app is for that reason, updates!! And now more updates - I will miss the laughs I got from the cut-off sentences in the weekly forecast.
I'm not too sure what's new this time around, but there appears to be some improvements to readability.
Scrolling is really smooth. The animations look great, and the information has been quite accurate for me in Minnesota. I really like the little section that gives upcoming weather information so I can quickly look ahead into the week and know what's coming. I've also found the MinuteCast to be more accurate for me than Dark Sky (typically).
As a weather junkie I give it two thumbs up
This is my current favorite weather app, I just recently switched from another one. Four stars is a very good rating for a weather app, coming from me. The thing that makes this one short of five stars is that the animated imagery is good, but not great. The composite radar could be animated more smoothly, and more importantly, I prefer it to go back longer than half an hour, it makes it easier to get a sense of exactly when the rain is going to hit. Overall this is highly recommended though.
Accurate & great rain clock
Even before this app existed I relied on Accuweather for having most consistently accurate forecasts. The rain clock is usually correct down to the minute. I use temp and radar the most. The extended forecast feature could be designed differently. I think we are used to seeing it side by side so it is uncomfortable for analysis. I wouldn't mind receiving push notifications for bad storms and weather alerts.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 20, 2015
- Version: 8.2.0
- Size: 74.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2015 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.