AccuWeather Platinum - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest in weather forecasting with AccuWeather Platinum – Weather for Life. This award winning weather app now includes crowdsourcing with AccUcast™ and features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, available for more countries and for more minutes than any other minute-by-minute precipitation forecast. Supporting Apple Watch™, this app offers the same world-class, synchronized app experience on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices.
• AccUcast™ – Become part of the forecast by sharing your weather observations to help people in your community stay safe from hazardous weather and road conditions. View the real-time crowdsourced map with weather conditions submitted by users all over the world in a global animation display.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Apple Watch Support – featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, and severe weather alerts. When there is a severe weather alert for your favorite location, you will be notified by a tap sensation from the Watch and a low audible sound. Current conditions details include location, temperature and high and low for the day, wind speed, times for sunrise or sunset, and RealFeel Temperature® – AccuWeather’s proprietary forecast that shows the user how the temperature actually feels outside to a person in that exact location.
• A widget available so you can see a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 25 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Top-Trending weather videos from AccuWeather's Video Wall.
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – every location on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Option to select persistent GPS tracking to get your current weather data as quickly as possible. (Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.)
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather Platinum – Weather for Life today and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting.
What's New in Version 9.3.6
Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements
** From Previous Update **
The AccuWeather Today widget now loads much faster.
Accuweather rocks it!
I love my accuweather app, it's accurate and stable. I use it on iPhone 5 & 5s - yes, I know it time to upgrade! I use the accumap before I even check the radar. I love the fact that people can add the exact place and moment it happened. I wish the developers could broaden the horIzon on the options to dictate that particular situation. (I.E., limited visibility-this can mis interpreted in a lot of ways, how about a measurement, say < 100', 500', 1,000'. Or the damaging winds icon, this one too can be severely misinterpreted as OMG-my house is going to be blown over when it's just strong winds that snapped a couple weak or dead branches from a tree. Just because your lawn chair was blown across the yard does not equate to damaging winds. It could be better depicted from an "approximate mph"....10,20,30,40,.....hold on to your butts! The way I look at it is I used to only get my coffee black, now there are endless ways to get your coffee. I think it's time to raise the bar on an already excellent 5 star app. I appreciate all that you have done already and thank you in advance for reading my suggestions.
Accurate for me in Minnesota
(iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1)
The widget is much faster, as well as the app overall. Very nice!
Love the added future radar and the faster watch app. The app also seems to be only running in the background when I explicitly allow that functionality. Closest I've seen to the perfect weather app.
I'm so glad Accuweather listened to the feedback. So much better to swipe right for the map. The added 3-D Touch shortcuts are also a bonus, and I really like using Peek on the Looking Ahead section. I Can now remove and reorganize the sections (including the videos!).
+++ As always I am still very happy to see that Accuweather hasn't resorted to yearly fees to use "premium" features, or making only a freemium app.
The animations look great, scrolling is smooth, and the information has been quite accurate for me in Minnesota. I really like the little section that gives upcoming weather information so I can quickly look ahead into the week and know what's coming. I've also found the MinuteCast to be more accurate for me than Dark Sky (typically).
This app excels in so many areas, though one thing I would like to see added is an air quality or allergy section (perhaps it could share the same rectangle as the sun as moon and we could toggle between them like in the hourly section).
Really nice weather app
These last two updates have really improved this app so much! Thank you for fixing the sounds with alerts! I got an alert that had sound for a storm moving through and I was so happy. 😅 Glad I can finally get rid of the other weather app I was using just for alerts.
The past and future choices in the radar are a nice touch, and I'm still appreciative of the update before this one that let us recorder and hide sections. The map update was nice too in the previous update. Thanks for listening to your customers.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 21, 2016
- Version: 9.3.6
- Size: 92.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2015 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.