Get live alerts, forecasts & minute-by-minute weather updates with award-winning superior accuracy™ wherever you are!
Enjoy reliable and accurate weather forecasting from wind speed to temperature with AccuWeather. Track severe weather with animated radar maps. Predict the unpredictable: always know what to expect from the weather so you can make the most out of each day.
TOP 3 FEATURES:
1. MinuteCast® – View minute-by-minute rain and temperature forecasts for the next two hours, hyper-localized to your exact location.
2. Keep out of the storm with pushed severe weather alerts. Track dangerous weather in real time with the AccuWeather animated radar.
3. RealFeel Temperature® – Sunny doesn’t always mean warm. AccuWeather’s weather widget shows you how the temperature actually feels outside.
Personalize your forecast any way you want, anywhere you are in the world. Get all the tools you need to understand the weather:
• View your Daily Snapshot when you open the app to find out what you can expect from the day’s weather, from temperature to wind speed.
• Scroll through your Local Forecast Summary for highly accurate forecasts for the next two weeks, so you can plan your weekends around the weather.
• Customize your AccuWeather interface: hide the details that aren’t relevant to you.
• Keep out of the storm with pushed severe weather alerts. Track dangerous weather in real time with the AccuWeather animated radar.
• Watch top-trending weather videos from AccuWeather’s very own news team.
• Enjoy full Apple Watch support: receive MinuteCast®, RealFeel Temperature®, current conditions details & severe weather notifications straight to your Watch.
Download AccuWeather for free and enjoy award-winning superior accuracy™ in weather forecasting on your iOS device.
In this release, AccuWeather is pleased to provide you with a more elegant user consent flow and revised data setting options, giving you increased flexibility to choose what data may be collected and how it may be used. This release also includes general bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
No-Nonsense Weather App
After carefully considering and getting other weather apps, this one tends to have none of the issues the other ones do. First of all, it actually WORKS on my phone (iPhone 8 Plus). This may seem like a low standard, but I have tried many different ones and they crash whereas this has not had that problem. Also, you don’t have to scroll through random, frivolous things to get to the important stuff you want to see, you are given the choice to view the radar, hourly forecast, and weekly forecast at the very top of the screen. You can still scroll and see other things if you want and you can also change the order if you feel like it!
You have a lot of choices for radars, too. There’s even one to track the Zika virus... but all you will get is reassurance that we don’t have it much in this country. Related to that, the only thing I can think that would make this app better is if it had a lightning tracker. Having golf as a hobby, it would be really appreciated. Maybe the “Dangerous Thunderstorm Warning” radar has it and I just don’t know because it’s January, but like I said, that’s the only improvement I can think of.
Too much useless information; serious issues not pushed
About the only thing I get out of this app is current conditions (and when it comes to precipitation, it’s nearly always wrong), and a rough idea of the weekly forecast. It’s loaded with videos and ads that you have to scroll through to get to the useful information. Now comes the most frustrating part: getting hurricane updates pushed to my phone when I am more than 1600 miles from any of those storms, but within 20 miles of a tornado that I DON’T get updates or pushed warnings on. While I understand the gravity of those storms, it’s not alerting me to the more immediate threat to my home and my life. The last two days have proved that they don’t care about tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, heat warnings, deadly temperatures and windchill factors because they only affect a small portion of the population. They are just as deadly and devastating as a hurricane. The whole point of technology is to get the important information to the right people as quickly as possible, regardless of location. I’ve been using this app for years and I have not once got a severe weather alert for my area, even though it has always been set for my area. Instead I am now getting regular alerts for a storm that will not reach our area.
This app is confised & all WET!
I switched to Accuweather app from iPhone’s standard Weather app b/c there was some sort of bug going on w/ that app & my phone—I wasn’t properly getting severe weather alerts. (We had horrible flash floods & I didn’t get a warning until it was already in the midst of the torrential rain & flooding.) So I switched to this app. Now, I do get warnings—but too many often inaccurate ones. I live in Catonsville and it told me there was a ‘coastal’ flood warnings for my town. This is ridiculous, b/c we are nowhere near the coast!
Right now, I woke up this morning to yet another torrential rain storm—we’ve had them all week. This morning’s had not been predicted last night. I turned on my phone to look at the app to check it’s weather report. The main screen showed only “some clouds” & the precipitation monitor showed 0%. The radar showed no rainstorm. And the hourly also only showed partial clouds. Yet, the rain gauge said “rain ending in 17 minutes”! Clearly the tail isn’t talking to the head! What a totally confusing disconnect! Totally out of touch with reality of the weather here . Only after about 25 minutes later, as the storm was mostly subsiding, did it finally show on the main screen that a thunderstorm was going on. But the hourly still wasn’t updated.
Needless to say, I can’t vouch for the accuracy of the “Accu”Weather app!
- AccuWeather International, Inc.
- 268.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 AccuWeather, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Platinum Upgrade $3.99
- Platinum Restore Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.